1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: RECAP: Troy Aikman with D&M on The Ticket...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by trickblue, Sep 28, 2006.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,850 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    Aikman:
    • We don't really know how serious this has been or which story is true. It's just part of the circus that came to town a few months back.
    • I don't think it's a distraction to the players. The media is talking about it, the fans are talking about it but there is little time for the players to worry about it with preparation for the games. It's not a distraction, it's just a frustration. You are constantly asked to comment on something you have no control over. I think Bledsoe is handling himself very well.
    • I don't think you can really blame the media. People want to know what's going on and they are just reporting on a story that's out there.
    • When doing games, I think as broadcasters, we celebrate players that shouldn't be celebrated. If they make a good play, show it, but don't give them air time for attention-grabbing antics. I realize I am in the minority. I'm constantly told "It's a story, it's what the fans want" by the network.
    • With all of the TO stuff, we constantly hear "How has Parcells reacted to it." "Was he for TO being here?". "Is he getting upset with the situation?" We don't really know the answers to that, but Bill likes everyone to be focused on the game at hand, so I doubt he is too pleased right now.
    • I don't know if we see TO this week because of his hand. I've heard many say "Well we should sit him down because we can beat Tennessee without him and we have Philly coming up next week." I don't know where this came from as Dallas really hasn't done anything yet, but I think this is a very good football team with or without Owens.
    • I don't really think some of the stories where writers say "players will rally around TO" or "players will rally around Parcells" have much merit. I don't know of anybody that has taken sides. I think TO and Parcells are both in this for the same thing, to win. They just go about it in different ways.
    • Does the NFLPA or the Cowboys need to get him into a counseling program? Maybe the Cowboys need to see if he needs some counseling. I know when I was there that Dallas made a great effort to provide these services to the players. They got a bad wrap in being accused of not caring about the players, but I think that is the farthest thing from the truth. They did a very good job in that respect. I haven't talked to Terrell Owens, I don't know his state of mind so I can't really answer whether he needs help or not.
    • I feel like Drew Bledsoe as I've been here for 10 minutes and all we've talked about is TO.
    • I've never been told not to mix supplements with Vicoden but people do react differently. I had to take Vicoden a few times and I don't understand how people get addicted to it. The only person I know that ever had problems with supplements was Emmitt Smith who drank something before a Monday night game and had to sit out by halftime.
    • Washington and NYFG are not playing near as well as I thought they would play. Right now, in my mind, the two clear favorites in the NFCE are Dallas and Philly right now.
  2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,212 Messages
    1,166 Likes Received
    Good stuff again TB.

I don't understand how people get addicted to Vicodin, either. I have had to take it a couple of times. I guess I just wasn't in enough pain to really feel any life changing effects.
  3. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,150 Messages
    2,779 Likes Received

I'm guessing that was the Monday night game vs. Washington where Emmitt literally looked "Super-human". He was gone by half-time and we ended up losing the game.
  4. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yeah it was...MNF 1991...he absolutely went off in the first half and I really think he'd have set a single game record for yds rushing had he played the 2nd half...we'd have also won

as an aside, the Skins PK Chip Lohmiller hit fg after fg against us that night...I think he hit either 2 or 3 from 50+ and was the main reason (along with Emmitt being out) that we lost

David
  5. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,176 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    Troy is one of the youngest, brightest, honest....well, you get the picture
  6. SupermanXx

SupermanXx Benched

4,009 Messages
    0 Likes Received

....hotties you've ever seen?
  7. mwj473

mwj473 Member

628 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Is CrazyCowboy Skip Bayless in diguise? j/k ;)
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,483 Messages
    6,192 Likes Received
    Thanks for the image of the Troy Aikman, Crazy Cowboy, Manny Lawson sandwich. Yuck.
  9. TX_Yid

TX_Yid Well-Known Member

1,285 Messages
    111 Likes Received

none of that!... man law 101
  10. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,623 Messages
    754 Likes Received

33-31.

I still have that game on VHS. It was the game where Emmitt Smith juked Darrell Green out of his shoes.
  11. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,212 Messages
    1,166 Likes Received
    That was the 1990 game where Emmitt juked Green.

In the 1991 game, Emmitt had his career long 75 yard TD run. He had 112 yards at the half plus a TD reception. He was unstoppable. Dallas did not have a pass rush, so Rypien ate Dallas up.
  12. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,664 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    nice post ...... thanks for posting!:D