1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Receiver Ratings (updated)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by percyhoward, Nov 18, 2012.

1. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,698 Messages
    2,848 Likes Received
    Top 5 targets thru 10 games...
    Bryant 57 of 86 735 yd 3td 2 int 94.9
    Jones 22 of 30 215 yd 1 td 1 int 90.3
    Austin 49 of 84 727 yd 4td 3 int 87.7
    Witten 73 of 97 636 yd 1 td 2 int 87.0
    Ogletree 25 of 44 354 yd 3 td 4 int 67.8

Team Passer Rating on passes to receivers other than Ogletree: 90.2

2011 Rating on passes to receivers other than Robinson: 93.9
  2. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,857 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    I find it really incredible that Garrett keeps trotting Ogletree out there.
  3. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,123 Messages
    1,148 Likes Received
    Yea Ogletree is probably a good kid but I think he's simply not a good football player. I think he's doing the best that he can but we need to give Dwayne Harris more looks. I was actually happy to see he was the one out there with Miles and Dez.
  4. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,403 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    Yeah, and Harris had nice production for the time he was in. I remember him being targeted four times, with three completions and the PI call.

I'd be just fine if they decide Ogletree is still not recovered from his bell-ringing by Thursday, and we roll out some combination of Harris and Beasley at 3rd WR.
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,558 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    What was interesting is that they felt comfortable with Harris on the outside.
    The man played a solid all around game as a receiver, punt returner, blocker, and even on coverage teams.

As for KO, he very nearly cost of 2 pick sixes. With a better secondary (like Chicago's) he could have cost us badly. I have nothing agaionst him personally, but sure am happy to see Harris and Beasley get some reps.
  6. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,123 Messages
    1,148 Likes Received
    Yea I felt bad about saying it but I was telling a friend of mines Ogletree's best play in the game was probably getting rung like he did. It took him out of the game and got us a first down. And I hate to say that because I was rooting for Ogletree but i'm convinced he's simply just a 4th or 5th string receiver in this league who offers nothing on special teams. Ogletree worries the most when he gets a throw his way because I know he's not going to fight and get the football and he's going to try and catch the football with his body and hot his hands. I don't have that worry with Dwayne.
  7. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,540 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    The other guys probably were not quite ready to play regularly and that is why Otree has been the #3 WR.

His production is probably better once you add in all the PIs he has drawn.

I do think his problem is that he is a bit of a long-strider. He actually does seem to get open deep a fair bit but Romo seems to have a hard time connecting with him.

I do think we're going to see a lot more of Harris with the plays he has made the last 3 weeks between special teams and his work at WR. The PI he drew in the tying drive in the fourth quarter was monumental and basically saved the game. It is hard to judge how good he is because Cleveland's coverage was so bad but he seems to catch the ball well and we know he can RAC. My one lament is that he isn't quite as quick as I would want in a slot WR but maybe Beasley can fill that niche.
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Ready or not, Ogletree hasn't exactly shown he's "ready".
  9. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,698 Messages
    2,848 Likes Received
    He's only drawn two PI's. The one in Baltimore prior to the missed FG, and today.