1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Red Bryant loves the Cowboys!

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dcfanatic, Apr 8, 2008.

1. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Fuzz, Okam had shed some of his excess tonnage by the time the Texas Pro Day rolled around, IIRC he was back down to 335... he needs to lose another ten pounds, but apparently he's wised up, and is getting serious about getting his weight down...
  2. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,869 Messages
    862 Likes Received
    That is completely untrue and by a mile.

Bryant was inconsistent at TAMU, Hampton was a consistent force at UT. Hampton was upstaged at times by the more athletic Shaun Rogers but that UT DL was one of the best in Big 12 history.

Bryant is a good guy and solid player but he is being drafted more for projection than production. Hampton was extremely good in college.
  3. QT

QT Active Member

1,900 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    The interview with Bryant reminds me of Montevious Stanley. He was so happy to be drafted by the Cowboys....
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,340 Messages
    2,892 Likes Received
    Still the best draft day interview from the last several years.
  5. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Surprised no one has said this about Red, but it was in my mind the entire time I was talking to him.

His game and his personality remind me of a young Jason Ferguson.
  6. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,374 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I really hope we do land Red Bryant.

We can then move Ratliff to DE, and Bryant can rotate with Tank. Spears is probably gone next year anyway.
  7. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,419 Messages
    821 Likes Received
    I still dont see him at 325 lbs playing DE. Hes tall but he plays with great leverage.

And another thing he may have finally gotten it but as has been a trend with a lot of UT players lately, they get it predraft and then forget it soon after. I think the odds are better that he become Aaron Gibson than Aaron Schoebel.