1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Redskins & Browns have made offers to Rams for 2nd overall pick

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 28, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    NFL Mocks Crew‏@NFLMocksReply
    Retweet

Favorite
    · Open

Reports indicate that Redskins and Browns have made offers to Rams for 2nd overall pick, neither of which includes 2 first rd picks.
  2. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,556 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    That is bad news. I want the redskins to have to pay out of the *** for it if they do make the trade up.
  3. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,374 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    The negotiation is just heating up. :D

Soon Snyder will have to throw in his first born.
  4. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    It's early, price will only go up.
  5. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,241 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Once FA starts and the musical chairs begin, suddenly the Rams might not have as many suitors
  6. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Likely will still have these two and all it takes is two to start a bidding war. There is not enough quality QB's in the FA market to fill all the needs.
  7. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,994 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    One will still be the Browns.
  8. SkinsHokieFan

2,241 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    What if they snag Flynn?
  9. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

They won't. They have no interest in taking that route again.
  10. AmishGangsta

AmishGangsta Member

710 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    One thing about the Browns is, they really have to hold onto their draft picks, because they are a small market team and FA's aren't necessarily lining up to go there.

The Skins, however, can trade a lot of their picks, and pickup players in Free Agency.
  11. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    The Browns have proven that Bunk over the last 5 years. Brady Quinn ring a bell? No team has been as active as the Browns in dealing and receiving draft picks over the last 5 years not to mention 2 of the last 4 involving current and future 1st round picks.
  12. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,725 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    His first born will welcome that news...
  13. AmishGangsta

AmishGangsta Member

710 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cleveland is one is the least favorite destinations by players and their agents, here is just one example:

Representative of Top 10 Prospect Hopes the Cleveland Browns Stay Away:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...prospect-hopes-the-cleveland-browns-stay-away

Brady Quinn was drafted by the Browns, he wasn't a free agent acquisition - he was traded to the Broncos (if that's what you meant - couldn't tell if that was included with your 1st statement or the second, and if so, I apologize and nevermind... If that wasn't your point, are you saying they traded up for Quinn? I thought he dropped late into the first round to them, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, here's another point: if you look at Mike Holmgrens track record, he typically doesn't even draft QBs (let alone mortgage the future for them), and he usually picks QBs already in the NFL or someone elses backup. Hence why some think they'll target Matt Flynn.
  14. AmishGangsta

AmishGangsta Member

710 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think the Redskins and Shanahan really like him. I'd heard that even a few months ago before the season had ended.
    I think they are prepared to go all in and make a trade BEFORE the draft. My opinion is that there is a 90% chance a handshake deal happens or is in place before free agency.

I think it's in the best interest for both the Skins and the Rams to make a deal before or shortly after March 13th - and that's not just from me being a fan and wanting it to happen.

1.) The Redskins are also interested in Manning.
    2.) Free agency could cause some teams to sign a QB and drop out.
    3.) The Browns ARE NOT interested in trading up, from every thing I've read and heard from different insiders, and even their own beat reporters, they won't and will instead draft RB WR.
    Now, if he falls to them, that's a different story...
    4.) If you're a team that is interested in trading up, you want some kind of deal in place so adjust your free agency plan accordingly.
    Example: Skins plan A.) Griffen Skins plan B.) Manning. They can't wait for plan A to unfold and then lose out on their second option in the process.
    5.) The Rams don't want to get stuck at #2 with no trade partner. They also don't want to move too far down.
  15. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,374 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  16. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,690 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    The asking price isn't likely to go down as long as there are more then 1 team in the QB marked.

I don't think anyone who has their hart set on RG3 is going to settle for McNabb cause he was a FA so i seriously doubt that marked is going to dry up for the Rams
  17. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    The Browns traded up for Quinn, I think Cowboys fans will remember the trade well.
  18. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,690 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    If your a Skins fans you got to feel good about your chances of landing that pick

I wouldn't bet against Snyder spending what ever it takes to get that pick of he has his hart set on RG3. Outrageous asking prices hasn't slowed him down before

Only way i see the brown beating them is if they add a 2nd first i don't see that happening to move up 1 spot.

What i can imagine is a situation where they're going to talk to the Rams as long as possible to drive up the price for others in the hopes that the price gets to high so the Rams get stuck with the pick and RG3 drops
  19. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,655 Messages
    8 Likes Received

You're quoting the bleacher report? :eek::
  20. SkinsHokieFan

2,241 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Any idea how reliable Omar Kelly is? (He writes for one of the Miami Newspapers and is a Dolphins beat writer)

Omar Kelly ‏ @OmarKelly
    RT @c4man5282: So the Redskins are really the only competition for going and getting RG3?» Supposedly a darkhorse team. Bluff? It is poker

Omar Kelly ‏ @OmarKelly
    RT @dhicks00: Bluff or good move? Cleveland could get Trent Richardson and a good WR with their picks» EXACTLY what I was told is the plan.

Omar Kelly ‏ @OmarKelly
    RT @bwhitt86: Why isn't Cleveland competition?» Word on the street is they'd prefer signing Flynn & using their draft picks. Bluff? #XOmar

Omar Kelly ‏ @OmarKelly
    RT @dhicks00: I am with you, 1 solid offer to Rams and then move on» that is indeed how I'd approach it. Washington is the only true comp.

Omar Kelly ‏ @OmarKelly
    RT @NJ1Dolfan: Where do you stand? RGIII, Manning, or Flynn?» Do them in order. RGIII is NOW 1st since Rams will trade before FA #XOmar