1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Redskins fine Haynesworth for skipping minicamp; woohoo keep that war going redskins!

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jun 19, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Redskins fine Haynesworth for skipping minicamp;PFT
    Posted by Mike Florio on June 18, 2010 9:49 PM ET
    Though, by all appearances, his bonus money remains safe unless and until he holds out of training camp, Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth may be fined for skipping the team's mandatory minicamp.

And, according to Jason Reid of the Washington Post, the team has fined him.

Though it's only $10,000, it's the most that the Redskins can do unless and until Haynesworth fails to report for training camp.

Reid also has confirmed our report that Haynesworth's decision to skip the mandatory minicamp has voided the guarantees applicable to his $3.6 million base salary in 2010 and his $5.4 million base salary in 2011. It's relevant only if the Redskins cut him. It also makes him somewhat more attractive (or, as the case may be, somewhat less unattractive) on the trade market, since any team that takes him on could choose after 2010 to dump him and in turn avoid $5.4 million in money that, before he failed to report for the mandatory minicamp, would have been fully guaranteed.
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,961 Messages
    2,357 Likes Received
    If I were a team looking for a 3-4 DT (New England) I'd go ahead and make a play for him given the monetary implications of a trade. It's attractive because of the ability to possibly dump him with no consequences if need be.
  3. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  4. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,350 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    dude knows what he is doing, got his money, wont give it back, made a trade easier for him(his base means nothing compared to what he has already got) lions should just grab him imo they have nothing to lose
  5. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    First, why would New England want him? They've got a starting NT and drafted a couple more the past two drafts. One of them pretty high.

Second, why would anyone who plays the 3-4 want Haynesworth? He's been crying all offseason about how he doesnt want to play NT.

Personally I wouldnt trade jack for the guy. He's a loser with a lousy work ethic.
  6. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    not to mention

#1 they just made Wilfork the 2nd highest paid NT in the league and

#2 the Pats played a 4-3 defense mostly last season.
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Only a moron would want Haynesworth on his team.
  8. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The idiots have already sunk $22 million into him. What's $10,000?

As far as Haynesworth, I hope he realizes the only team that will touch him now is Oakland.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,809 Messages
    3,298 Likes Received
    I've heard the same thing said about TO a few years ago.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Say what you want about TO he produced on the field consistently. Haynesworth has not.