1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Redskins hire Jay Gruden for HC

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 9, 2014.

1. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,253 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    This is a total Bruce Allen hire. Everything about it has his finger prints on it.

Apparently Zimmer is tight with Shanny, which is why he wasn't returning calls to Redskins park.
  2. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

963 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    It should be about WINNING, screw relationships.
    Wood likes this.
  3. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

963 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    I swear man, if Haslett is retained and/or Raheem Morris is promoted to DC, I don't think I can watch next year.
  4. durrrr

durrrr Active Member

719 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    As a Cowboys fan, I love this hire.

The fact that Jay Gruden gave BJGE 220 carries (224 touches) to Gio Bernard's 170 carries (226 touches) is hilarious. BJGE had no business getting anywhere near the same amount of touches as Gio, especially later in the season.
  5. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,848 Messages
    742 Likes Received
    My first reaction was that Snyder is hurting for money with this cheap hire. And then Haslett might be coming back is rolling on the floor hilarious. I need to check extremeskins later to see the meltdown. They have to be going ballistic if Haslett even has a remote chance of being retained.

I wish I could enjoy this more but with Garrett as our HC, I really can't talk. Gruden is already probably a better HC than Ginger and Haslett just might be better than Kiffin. Crap! And they have cap room:(
  6. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,508 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Typical Dan Snyder,

"I hired Gruden!"

Uh, Dan, it's Jay Gruden.

"His name's Gruden, right? Jay, Joe, Jerry, Jon, who cares. I hired Gruden. Nobody else could get him to take their head coaching job, but I did. I got Gruden."

Uh, Dan. This Gruden's never won anything. In fact he's never even been a head coach before.

"His name's Gruden. I hired Gruden. That's what counts. Everybody else wanted to hire Gruden, and that's what I did."
    Wolfpack likes this.
  7. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,770 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    Interesting to see if Jay can corral RGTwee. I don't believe all the stories coming out about him, but there sure are a lot. And those clips of players not helping him up do speak for themselves.
  8. panchucko

panchucko We have a pretty good offense Zone Supporter

2,048 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Wow, I guess Cowher didn't want the job.
  9. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,099 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    I actually think its a pretty good hire for the Skins. He's a young(er) guy who doesn't seem like he will take any crap from Snyder. And Andy Dalton is 1 of the least talented starting QB's in the NFL in my opinion so what he was able to do with Cinci's offense should be considered a major success.
  10. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,897 Messages
    2,367 Likes Received
    on his worst day, dan snyder wishes he could be as dysfunctional as jerry
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  11. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,284 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    Jay Gruden, like Jason Garrett, is another example of the opportunities afforded to you in coaching based on who you know and who you're related to.
    Beast_from_East and Wheeltax like this.
  12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,897 Messages
    2,367 Likes Received

point is that at least he had a shot
    that should tell you more about the degree of dysfunction in the organization than the HC
    why do you think BP left? look no further than jerry jones

it takes enough effort as a HC to fight the battles you need to fight to get your team prepared and ready for the season and every sunday, you should not have to spend energy fighting people who should be helping you (owner and GM)

it becomes tiresome after a while and not worth it

with a guy who is inexperienced and will knuckle under, you have no shot at all
  13. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Well-Known Member

1,011 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I don't like this hire, but I'm holding out hope that Gruden will prove me wrong.

Keeping Haslett and Morris just makes me sick to the stomach.
  14. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,044 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    Yeah, that must be why Atlanta and Baltimore offered Garrett their head coaching positions.
  15. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,044 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    Don't know what Washington's salary cap status is, but they are coming off Mara's 23 million dollar 'You didn't cheat with us' penalty. Might give Gruden a bit of room to sign some FAs.

Danny Boy likes that, at least if he recognizes the names....
  16. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Well-Known Member

1,011 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    It's somewhere in the area of 33 million in cap space. Considering Bruce Allen's track record though, I hope he's keeping himself busy with other duties while Morrocco Brown and Scott Campbell handle that.
  17. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,917 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    Skins: Jon Gruden
    Cowboys: Jason Garrett
  18. CowboysRangers

CowboysRangers Member

51 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    So Gruden is going to the Redskins...................could be a problem...........ESPN
  19. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,237 Messages
    1,717 Likes Received
    Yeah, Jay Gruden.
  20. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,103 Messages
    1,338 Likes Received
    Nah, we just need to learn to defend the Spider 2 Y Banana.