1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Redskins tearing seats out to avoid Blackout Rule

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by gmoney112, Jun 4, 2011.

1. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,357 Messages
    723 Likes Received
  2. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  3. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,064 Messages
    3,003 Likes Received
    My favorite part of the article.

I'll take door #3 but all of them are good.

Actually, this part is better.

4. AmishGangsta

AmishGangsta Member

710 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dan's trying to keep up with the Joneses:

"The modifications, and the party decks, are keeping with a trend of what Jerry Jones did in Dallas, and what Tampa Bay has. [The decks] are affordable, fun areas where people like to hang out before, during and after games.

The Cowboys charge $29 a person to be in the standing-room only party decks. The Redskins' price is expected to be similar once it is finalized..."

http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-r...-party-deck-washington-redskins-tickets-seats

Sounds to me like this is something they wanted to do for awhile, and decided to get the construction over with during a lockout year.
  5. AmishGangsta

AmishGangsta Member

710 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  6. Hostile

119,064 Messages
    3,003 Likes Received
    Except that Jerry didn't tear out any seats to create the "party deck" at Cowboys Stadium.
  7. AmishGangsta

AmishGangsta Member

710 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sounds to me like a nice place to stash all the opposing fans at Fedex.

Put em in a mosh pit, let em get drunk and fight each other.
  8. AmishGangsta

AmishGangsta Member

710 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I used to work at fedex field as a parking attendent (when I was younger).

The reason why the stands are so empty, is people are stuck in traffic.

Traffic is horrible at the stadium (now you see why, with guys like me coordinating it).

That and people buy season tickets, but don't go due to the teams performance, then they sell their tickets to opposing fans.

Stadium was rockin when Gibbs was here though.
  9. Hostile

119,064 Messages
    3,003 Likes Received
    Good plan. That way after the other team wins they can charge the field and tear down the goal posts.
  10. AmishGangsta

AmishGangsta Member

710 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd pay $29 to get front row seats for that.
  11. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,567 Messages
    2,949 Likes Received
    Had to make more room for the HD board he's trying to put in :laugh1:
  12. AmishGangsta

AmishGangsta Member

710 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just worry about how it's going to affect the kicking game...
  13. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    I've felt that FedEx was too big since it was built. Still, I don't generally like the party deck plan, so this is a big wait and see for me...
  14. brucekr

brucekr Active Member

357 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I have to wade through the party deck to get to my seats at Cowboys Stadium. Very crowded, yet $35 seems like a modest price to pay to see your team live. Just get there early so you can see the field.
    FedEx traffic is ridiculous. Most people build a stadium of that size right next to a highway. Whoever mentioned it above is absolutely correct.
  15. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,243 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    There were 2 mistakes Jack Kent Cooke made in the last year's of his life

1) Hiring a Cowboy, Norv Turner, to be head coach, and then extending his contract in late 1996 prior to his passing

2) Building that awful, based on the Meadowlands designed stadim out in Raljon MD. He tried for years to build it in DC but the DC government was never cooperative enough. And he tried to build in DC with HIS OWN MONEY, which is a rare thing to see these days.

JKC built the stadium before the changes in stadium design which occured this past decade which has made FedEx Field fairly obselete after 15 years. He also built it for capacity of 78k, but Dan Snyder has added about 10k seats since taking over. The parking, infrastructure everything is built for 78k, which is why there are traffic nightmares there.
  16. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Agreed on both counts! I have always given him credit for using his own money, and for wanting to get more fans too see the game live. But sadly, it didn't turn out to be the positive thing he had envisioned.
  17. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,451 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    :laugh1: :lmao2: :lmao: :suxskins: :skins:
    :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
  18. AmishGangsta

AmishGangsta Member

710 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I really think they are just trying to improve the stadium, and probably making way for an extractable roof in the future.

; I'm no Snyder fan. I'd love for him to sell the team to a different owner.

If this next project doesn't workout: Shanahan and Bruce. I really think the Redskins will hit rock bottom - if they're not already there. I'd say they're close to it.

But it seems the guy can't even make improvements to the stadium, without it being some sort of evil plan :)
  19. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,389 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    its Snyder, theres always a chance its 70 percent evil. But lets be honest, us Cowboy fans are GLAD, i repeat Glad, hes your owner. :D
  20. AmishGangsta

AmishGangsta Member

710 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The plot thickens:

LL56xtremeskins (Redskins Insider) wrote:
    "Steelers fan just told me he lost his season tickets at fed ex cause of the re-design"

Those seats being removed, are mostly owned by new season ticket holders (it's where they start out), and large coorperations likely selling these seats to opposing teams fans.

The season ticket holders get moved closer to mid field, while the others get a spot at the royal rumble aka the Party decks - fingers crossed. :D