1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Regarding Linehan

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFaninDC, Apr 4, 2014.

1. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    I bet you if he runs the ball and we are more effective, everyone will say, "See, garrett couldn't do it and we should have had an OC sooner, and Jerry did a great job brining in Linehan"

if he ends up passing more and sticking tot he passing game, the same group will say, this was the guy that garrett wanted and he wanted him to run his pass happy offense, and he put another nail in his coffin.

this is what you call a lose-lose situation.

and I am sure somebody will call me a Pro-Garrett fan, which I am not. just stating how its going to work out.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,039 Messages
    3,513 Likes Received
    People will always have something to say, just win ball games if you do that there will be enough credit to go around for all.
    Fletch, Seven, JakeCamp12 and 6 others like this.
  3. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,086 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    I don't care who gets the credit or the blame. Just run the damn ball.
    Sportsbabe, Fletch, casmith07 and 6 others like this.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    I'm not sure I see those two claims coming from the same people.
  5. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,355 Messages
    762 Likes Received
    It's a Garrett move no matter how it unfolds.. Doesn't change the fact that red is awful at his job
    cml750, junk and BigStar like this.
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,083 Messages
    4,428 Likes Received
  7. COWBOYSNUM1

COWBOYSNUM1 Active Member

625 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    People are going to complain no matter what happens. I am a Garrett fan and I don't care if people give him the credit or give him the blame, I just want to win.
  8. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,271 Messages
    1,295 Likes Received
    can we stop inventing controversy before it even happens???

PLEASE????
    Fletch, CowboyGil, casmith07 and 3 others like this.
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,193 Messages
    6,993 Likes Received
    I'd bet this is exactly what the OP was getting at when he first posted. Pretty much the definition of a lose-lose offensive change among the Cowboy faithful.
    Fletch, skinsscalper and CowboyMike like this.
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,039 Messages
    3,513 Likes Received
    True. For me it is simple team loses HC takes the responsiblity, team wins HC gets credit along with his staff. Same for front office, blame them for poor seasons and should they win then give them credit.
    BigStar likes this.
  11. DanTanna

DanTanna Original Zone Member Zone Supporter

2,241 Messages
    271 Likes Received
    I pray for the day Jerry isn't the owner, Garrett is long forgotten, and we are winning again.
  12. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,838 Messages
    1,533 Likes Received
    If Linehan's influence results in wins for JG, I think he would take that (at this point for job security). It would result in another contract but I would gladly swallow my pride in exchange for a meaningful playoff appearance. Skeptics of JG can wish for the success of the team and still be critical of his "contribution."
  13. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,642 Messages
    2,180 Likes Received
    Can you admit that Garrett is the HC so he is responsible for the failures of the last 3 years because he sure does not do it

If you can hold him responsible for failings of his team as a HC no one will have a problem with you giving him credit if the team does well

The fact that Garrett is a bad OC and HC is already evident by team performance and will only come as a surprise to Garrett groupies

This is just another Garrett homer OP looking for credit for Garrett before there is any evidence such credit is due
    cml750 and Chocolate Lab like this.
  14. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,120 Messages
    1,344 Likes Received
    I was very confused by that myself.
  15. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,859 Messages
    1,458 Likes Received
    There are SO many "the sky is falling" posters on this site that is truly astounds me....

...I will give Garrett the blame if we lose and credit him when we win...if his decisions make the team better, he gets credit, if his decisions prove to move in the wrong direction, he gets blame

I choose to think that he is moving the team forward right now, not jones, not others, but Garrett...and, I am not a garrett apologist or even a fan of his coaching...I just see that he is instilling a mindset but people choose to look at the immediate and not the long-term...for all of the team's shortcomings in recent history, I still feel the "plan" in the last few years has been a progressive one...with the right moves on defense (draft and otherwise), we go to the playoffs this year
  16. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,064 Messages
    649 Likes Received
    The team has to win football games. Doesn't matter how or who gets the credit.

Regardless of the OC Garrett is still the head coach and will still have plenty of input on what happens on offense anyway. Anyone who won't give him credit if we succeed next year isn't worth listening to.
  17. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,386 Messages
    892 Likes Received
    I don't really care whether we run more or are pass-happy as long as some other system than Garrett's is being used. We've tried doing it Garrett's way on offense and have remained a .500 team under him. I'm just happy someone finally made the decision for him to relinquish control of the offense since he has never proven that he can run his own successfully.

Now, I believe we'll really see what kind of head coach Garrett can be.
    jobberone likes this.
  18. egn22

egn22 Active Member

841 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    That's where I am right now. Let's just get it done.
  19. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,304 Messages
    4,206 Likes Received
    So is there some 'Mother's little helper' in that stash?
    w8lifter likes this.
  20. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,689 Messages
    4,962 Likes Received
    If so, he is truly a miracle. One of the first lame duck head coaches that can claim he is moving the team forward.
    junk and Risen Star like this.