1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Reggie Bush or Adrian Peterson?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by EMMITTnROY, Mar 30, 2006.

1. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

2,491 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    OK, obviously the Cowboys arent gonna be able to get either one of these guys.. but Im just curious, in a fantasy world where the Cowboys COULD get one of them, who would you want? Im curious cause I am a Sooner fan and I keep hearing all this stuff about Reggie Bush being the next great back, but for my money, Id take Peterson every time.. and Im not just being a homer, I have plenty of good reasons, but I will save them.. Im just interested in what you fellow zoners think..
  2. Tio

Tio Armchair QB

5,112 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Slowed down last year, looks like he was getting too big for his body. This will be his last year as a Sooner (already?) so we will see...
  3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,119 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    Realistically - obviously we aren't in a position to take either of them.

Hypothetically - I'll stick with the healthy one.
  4. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Adrian Peterson and it isnt close

Mark my words, if he can stay healthy, he will one day be thought of as the greatest RB ever
  5. lane

lane The Chairman

10,547 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    i would take peterson in the speed of light.

this young man is already balanced and blueprinted for the nfl.

i love your avatar.....my fave movie of alltime.
  6. EMMITTnROY

2,491 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    thanks man.. mine too.. I love the whole trilogy, even the third one.. Pacino is incredible..
  7. lane

lane The Chairman

10,547 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    pacino and deniro are simply two of the best actors ever.
  8. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,259 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Ridiculous voting...Bush is so far superior to Peterson it isn't funny. Peterson is way overrated...Bush is the consensus #1 pick in this draft. Do you actually believe Peterson is ever going to be the top pick in the draft when he comes out? NO way....you have to be a special RB with the entire package and home run potential to get it done on any single play from anywhere on the field, like Barry Sanders, to be the #1 pick in the draft as a RB.

I'll take a lot of grief because I'm in the slim minority here, but I won't mind you remembering this thread when Peterson comes out and is just another back in the NFL....Let's not forget there was a time when Maurice Clarett was considered by many to be the greatest young college back in the land.

Guys like Bush don't come along every year. Guys like Peterson do, imo.
  9. t.o.boys81

t.o.boys81 New Member

374 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Greater than Emmitt?
  10. EMMITTnROY

2,491 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    agreed.. Im a Dallas Cowboys and movie fanatic.. and im a list maker, I think its a sickness actually.. so I make lists all the time and do all kinds of research when making them.. so I decided to make a "best actors" list.. the only rule was that it only included work since 1970 since that is where the majority of the movie knowledge that I have really begins.. I have seen a lot of movies made before then, but I have seen pretty much every movie of significance made since 1970.. anyways, I made a Top 50.. and my top five were 1. Pacino 2. Hoffman 3. De Niro 4. Nicholson 5. Duvall
  11. txlonghorn14

txlonghorn14 New Member

372 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    peterson, even though i'm not a fan of either. O who?
  12. DeWare94

DeWare94 Member

953 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  13. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Im not even going to reply to this thread.

Gosh darnit....

See what you made me do?

AD

All day and 2x on Sunday baby. Fill'er up!
  14. EMMITTnROY

2,491 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    see thats the thing, I think that even Longhorns fans can admit to Peterson being the real deal.. for the guy that went on about Bush.. do you really honestly think that Peterson isnt the full package? he is a big strong back with exceptional speed.. a home run threat every time but he can also run linebackers over.. he spins, jukes, has speed, power, moves.. and has proven to be an every down back, unlike Bush..
  15. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Oh you went and did it now. The can you just opened up on Wayne has him salavating.

Get ready for the tirade of tirades. The hate he has for OU is legendary.

Im going to go hide under a blanket in my kids room. ;)
  16. EMMITTnROY

2,491 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    oh really?? sweet! this should be fun..
  17. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,681 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    I think Bush could have been an everydown back, if there weren't a certain First Rounder in the backfield with him. LenDale White is more like Peterson, but Bush is like a generational back. You usually only see one of these guys once every 10-20 years. Seriously if Warrick Dunn, Curtis Martin, etc. could be every down backs, why can't Bush?
  18. ndanger

ndanger Active Member

2,298 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    AND IT AIN'T EVEN CLOSE,damn caps lock:mad:
  19. el_chevo

el_chevo El Serrano

872 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Peterson should have attended the University of Texas. He would be one of the top picks this year after the run the team had. How do you think he feels now, he was heavily recruited by UT...
  20. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    Adrian Peterson is the best RB I have seen since Bo Jackson & Herschel Walker. I won't be surprised if he is the runaway media darling next year as he simply runs past, over, and around opponents.