1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Reid declares

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Jan 4, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,396 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    CollegeFootballTalk ‏@CFTalk
    LSU announces S Eric Reid is leaving for NFL draft.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

I doubt they go Safety in round 1 but if they did, he could be a consideration. Wont be there round 2 unless he runs poorly at the combine.
  2. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

3,611 Messages
    1,061 Likes Received
    No surprise here. He's been planning on entering all season. I've read the Cowboys have some interest in him, but I hope not because we have more pressing needs than Safety in the first round. Besides, Kenny Vacarro is the best Safety prospect in the draft and I don't see him going as high as #18. I could see the Patriots picking up Reid at the end of the 1st.
  3. dwight

dwight Well-Known Member

1,061 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Dallas needs to stay away from Reid. If he drops to the fourth round I would draft him but he is not worth it between rounds 1-3.
  4. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :rolleyes:
  5. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Reid is a stud and considering how bad our safety problem is i don't mind taking him in the second even though its sort of a reach there. Vaccaro is overrated to me and Reid is the better athlete.

If Elam decides to come out he is worth a first round pick if you ask me, he reminds me of a more ball hawking mark Barron.
  6. dwight

dwight Well-Known Member

1,061 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Unlike you I have attended LSU games and he is below average against the pass. But please think that a safety is more important than drafting a dline or an oline.
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,905 Messages
    4,271 Likes Received
    I don't know if he will last till the 4th round.

But I have heard from many different people that his weakness is vs the pass and that is not what this team needs at Safety.
  8. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    You can see a lot more of how a player is doing on TAPE than in person so I don't care if you attended LSU games.

And I never said drafting a safety is moree important than drafting dline or oline, did I?

Your statement of us not touching him until the 4th round was a little "out there", thus the :rolleyes:
  9. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I like Reid but Vacarro would be my first choice if we went safety.
  10. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,219 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Players submit their names to NFL advisory boards to determine what their draft status would be. I doubt many healthly players would go to the draft knowing they were 4th round prospects.

I think he goes late 1st or early 2nd.
  11. dwight

dwight Well-Known Member

1,061 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Really I dont care what you think either. It's obvious you didnt see any of his games because if you did you would be rolling eyes towards yourself. The bottom line is he overhyped and would not help with the pass defense. I will say this again I would not touch him unless he fell to the fourth round. Reid is overrated. Now roll your eyes again like a child.
  12. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Besides the kid from Fresno State there is no ballhawking S in this draft.
  13. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,712 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    Rambo.
  14. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Think I saw on ESPN scroll bar that McShay or Kiper have him as the #42 rated prospect in the draft thus far.

I don't follow enough college football to say if that's inaccurate but if that's relatively close, I'm not sure anyone could justify a 1st round pick on that when there are multiple positions that could be addressed and undoubtedly a higher rated player on the board.
  15. dwight

dwight Well-Known Member

1,061 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Rambo is good. He has personal issues but he is a ball hawk.
  16. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Any that aren't ********?
  17. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,980 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Not interested in Reid. In fact, I don't want anyone from LSU.