Relax. McClay only needs to find two starters this April

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JBell523, Mar 19, 2017 at 8:59 PM.

1. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

66,408 Messages
    20,891 Likes Received
    You prefer to overpay for the JAG's that left?

2. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,557 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    I'm glad we have Will McClay.

mrtxstar and haleyrules like this.
  3. Noclaf

Noclaf Member

48 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    That's part of the problem they can't draft ends at all. We have been told for years we have to have a better rush, it never happens, and now your secondary depth is gone and going to be replaced by rookies and guys off the scrap heap

mrtxstar likes this.
  4. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

40,559 Messages
    12,444 Likes Received
    He's better inside or as a 3-4 DE.

5. Floaty

Floaty The Labeled One

4,692 Messages
    2,527 Likes Received
    there was some value to be had...we were just too lazy to do find some money to make it happen. you can always restructure deals to make more cap space...o_O

mrtxstar likes this.
  6. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

6,560 Messages
    4,803 Likes Received
    I am willing to bet that one of the top three picks Dallas makes in this years draft will be a TE. I will go as far as saying there is a 50% chance they will take a TE in the 1st.

7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

37,106 Messages
    14,748 Likes Received

I know you don't want a TE but I'd take a stud TE over some ho hum player that plays a position of need.

CB is a deep position in this draft but i'm not passing up on David Njoku for some ho hum defensive player.

8. haleyrules

haleyrules Well-Known Member

5,870 Messages
    16,137 Likes Received
    So is Jerry!

cowboy_ron likes this.
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

37,106 Messages
    14,748 Likes Received

I'll take the stud RDE over the stud corner any day but I don't see the RDE stud being available with our pick but there is some high upside corners that will be there.

I know everyone is obsessed with pass rush but we won't ever get to the QB if we allow QB's to drop back 3 steps and release over and over. You gotta give the rush a little time to get home.

10. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

7,021 Messages
    4,030 Likes Received
    Two starters would be OK, three would be much better and four would be super. No need to settle when great things are possible.

haleyrules likes this.
  11. haleyrules

5,870 Messages
    16,137 Likes Received
    No sure. You could well be right. I would still like to see some real heat put on QB's. To me, that would make the secondary players much better...especially if the club intends to go with a lot of younger, less experienced DB...etc.

mcompact and mrtxstar like this.
  12. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

4,431 Messages
    1,450 Likes Received
    Every Cowboys fan loves Irving, hes a freak, but be honest with yourself; he had 2 games with games in between and after where he ghosted.

haleyrules likes this.
  13. haleyrules

5,870 Messages
    16,137 Likes Received
    Yes. He seems to have some potential at end. Well, thats what l want to believe.;).

14. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

11,304 Messages
    11,303 Likes Received
    LOL.

Nope.

15. mrtxstar

mrtxstar Well-Known Member

6,474 Messages
    3,043 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

16. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

2,251 Messages
    2,285 Likes Received
    Lol, I figured Id be ripped apart had I not put the disclaimer out there. Although I did leave the G out of IrvinG. So theres that.

Kaiser likes this.
  17. Killerinstinct

Killerinstinct Well-Known Member

1,521 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    This is funny. I also have been thinking we can get by with 2 starters out of this draft.

The difference is I have been thinking SS and CB.

18. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,798 Messages
    1,246 Likes Received
    That's asinine to think he's better than Irving. I really do think Irving is going to blossom this year and have double digit sacks. The guy has the makings of a potential superstar.

19. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

10,215 Messages
    1,255 Likes Received
    isn't gregory suspended for this coming year already?

20. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

6,026 Messages
    1,639 Likes Received
    You could probably take the original post one step farther. Arguably Tapper may be your war daddy at DE. We just don't know yet.

Green is probably better than almost any rookie we could draft at RT. It's purportedly a weak OL class this year. There are a couple we could draft early who might be an improvement but there are no guarantees to that.

We are weak in several areas and not all of them are likely to be addressed in the draft. If we stick to our draft board and draft BPA we could end up with three from the following positions in the first five rounds (pass rushers/DBs).

That would fit in nicely with needs and would probably not be forcing the pick. Someone is likely to fall to our pick at 28. If Mixon falls that far you pull the trigger on him and get an equivalent pass rusher or DB in the second or third round. He is almost like getting another Zeke at 28.

One of the tight ends might fall too. We just need to get playmakers wherever they can be found. If we stop missing on picks then we will get additional picks in the draft to show for it.

It is better to have two Zekes or two Fredbeards on your roster than one Shante Carver or Ebeneezer Ekuban who are third round talents at best and waste a high pick just to say you "addressed the position".