1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Remaining Game Wins/Losses

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Phoenix-Talon, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Phoenix-Talon

Phoenix-Talon Eagles Fan Liaison

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thought it woUld be interesting to take a peek at some remaining game variables to determine what if ...

Current NFCE standings

NYG ..........10-4
    DC.............8-6
    WRS...........8-6
    PE..............6-8

An all-win scenario (for all respective teams)

NYG ..........12-4
    DC.............10-6
    WRS...........10-6
    PE..............8-8

An all-loss scenario (for all respective teams)

NYG ..........10-6
    DC.............8-8
    WRS...........8-8
    PE..............6-10

If Cowboys/Redskins win all and Giants lose all ...10-6 (G-Men 10-6); playoff possible (rematch possibility determined in the rest of the NFC teams)!

If Cowboys/Redskins loss all and Eagles won all ...all NFCE teams (except the G-Men) would be 8-10 (wild card game needed).

Probably far-fetched, but who knows ...you may still have a chance! Think about it.
  2. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,882 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    What gets me is whats the difference? We get in, we make a quick exit.
    I want to make the playoffs when we can compete, not as a consolation prize.
  3. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,025 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Um, the all win scenario is impossible for NYG and the WR, and the WR and PE.
  4. skinsterp

skinsterp Member

31 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is pretty idiotic. Possible, yes. Likely, no. Have you looked at the Division records? Have you looked at the Conference records? There are several tie-breaking factors that are involved as well. Dallas needs serious help from other teams, not to mention to rebound on the road against a good Carolina team. I don't see it happening. Hopefully Parcells can rebound for his final season next year.
  5. DoomsDayD

DoomsDayD Active Member

1,520 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Doesnt make a difference to me at all. A total disappointment in what i saw yesterday. An important game yesterday against your ARCH-Rival and they get there ***** handed to them. They dont deserve to win another game nor make the playoffs. Total disgrace!!
  6. Phoenix-Talon

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's a very strong argument -- but it's debateable. Look, I'm not disagreeing, because your position makes perfect sense, but consider a series of wins that could consist of upsets, and other advantages that could be attributed toward opponent team misfortunes (injuries, less than 100% returns from IRs, etc).

One more thing. Past interviews with playoff teams reflect that teams seem to take things to the next level once they make the playoffs. That's just for starters ...

Your argument could be construed as hopelessness, or a "sour-grapes" perspective. Some fans believe in a ..."never give up fighting" perspective!
  7. Phoenix-Talon

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sure alright, but don't be a homer about it. Let's say you're right ...wouuldn't that mean that Dallas still has a shot?
  8. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,025 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Um, I'm saying its NOT POSSIBLE because the WR play the NYG as well as the PE, so it's impossible for the all winout/loss scenario in the case of those teams. Why even put that up?
  9. Phoenix-Talon

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I had to catch myself ...my response to you started off differently. But then, I remembered how upset I was when Dallas swept the Eagles. I grabbed my composure, but you need to grab yours for a minute.

This whole thing is idiotic when you think about it. who knew you would be tweaked in the first loss by 1-point; and blown out in more than 3-quarters in the second loss/sweep?! I know it hurts -- we share that pain. But then, like the team, you move on to the next game (with the Panthers in your case)!

What's wrong with you looking at the rest of the conference and commenting. I did my research to stand with my perspective -- sounds like you've flat given up! I don't have to be a Dallas fan to know hoplessness when I hear it. Shake it off and hope for the best.
  10. jksmith269

jksmith269 Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995

3,898 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How do you get 8-10 Do you mean 8-8? it wouldn't matter the skins hold the TB over us. if we win out and G-Men lose out they still have the TB over us. So they would need to lose out and the Skins to win against the G men and lose the last game against You guys....Which won't happen....
  11. Phoenix-Talon

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How can any fan, from any team say such a thing?! Dedicated fans don't roll like that! You still have a chance! That's what I'm trying to tell you guys -- you still have an outside chance.
  12. Phoenix-Talon

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You didn't read-in the word "respective." That denotes, not collective wins by everyone, but individually, or any combination in between. Nevermind ...
  13. Phoenix-Talon

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  14. notherbob

notherbob Active Member

2,853 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I'm not sure I want to see this team in the playoffs. Granted, getting into the playoffs is the prime purpose of the regular season, but this OL is so lousy, I'm not sure what point would be served by getting into the playoffs, only to get there and try desperately not to lose while losing yet again to teams with a real O line and positive attitudes.

I am certain BP is still a good talent evaluator, but I'm no longer sure he is either a good coach any more or a good motivator of people. Yesterday's team looked totally flat and UNMOTIVATED. It was obvious yesterday that this team simply doesn't believe it itself. The Redskins obviously believed in themselves and played with enthusiasm that was totally lacking on the Cowboys.

I fully expect them to get completely blown out of the stadium next weekend by a confident Carolina team. Of course, as inconsistent as the Boys have been this year, they just might get up for the Panthers and actually play a game. In any event, it's getting hard to care much about the outcomes of games where the team doesn't seem to care.
  15. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,882 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    We need more non Cowboy fans like you. :)
  16. MS17

MS17 Member

417 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    The Cowboys were taken to the woodshed yesterday and thrashed, badly. Nothing worked, nothing. And I dont see next week's game with the Panthers as being some kind of turning point either. We all have to ponder that this team just doesnt have a playoff team mentality or an edge; they didnt show up yesterday. The truth hurts.
  17. Phoenix-Talon

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here's an interesting correlation ...

The most senior member on this thread started membership in April 2004; having over 900 posts.

I'd be very interested in hearing perspectives from some of the more senior Cowboy members regarding playoff potentials, and how the Cowboys will do against the Carolina Panthers.

Where are you?!
  18. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

1,375 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Good morning Phoenix-Talon long time no see hope things well with ya.

I don't want the cowboys to be in the playoff just for the sake of being there..yesterday lost it has nothing to do with the Skins being that great team they still not that good in my book they just played perfect game and we did not even show up. I am not upset about the lost or how many points those things happened..only surprised is that Bill Percell has to be responsible for this lose ... imagine if it was campo the poor man will be chased out of the city..I think Bill percell has no trust in his coachs.even in pre season team game plan better then this.
    The Giant is the only team in the NFC east should be in the playoff the rest realy would be a crime if they get there...but anythings can happened
  19. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    With the O line the way it is, with our LB's unable to stop the run, we are done. Stick a fork in us.
  20. hockix

hockix Active Member

1,017 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hi, I understand what you mean, and I will always wish our boys to win every other game. And yes I still hope for the playoffs..

The problem is not the game we lost, it is the way we are going in the last games. I'm still shocked by the way we are playing. With a young team we were supposed to improve with the year but it is a complete collapse....

We will see how proud the youngs and vets are next week.
    I didn't like at all what Parcells did in the last games of the year in 04 in it is no better this year.

It is not just on the players, it is as much on the coaches and I don't like what's going on. It just seems like the coaches or not bright enough to use the forces of our players and forces plays with something we don't have. And don't look just at yesterday's game; it was really the worst game of the year for everybody. But all year, even in wins I couldn't stop thinking what the hell is BP doing. He is building a young defence but can't make them play together and improve. I really have my doubt on BP since he kept Vinny in the last games of last year and I can't stop second-guessing a lot of his decisions.

But maybe i'm so pissed off that I can't see it clear this morning.
    You can be sure that I will hope to win every sunday and always hope for the best. But as good as BP could be in the past I start to think he is maybe to old for the game and at least need help to coach and teach the Oline and most of the kids how to play.