1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Remaining schedule full of fringe playoff teams

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JoeyBoy718, Dec 7, 2012.

1. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,164 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    If we can't beat the fringe playoff teams we have to face throughout the remainder of the regular season, we really have no business even being in the playoffs. Every team in the playoffs will be as good as or better than the 4 teams we have to face these next 4 weeks. Win or lose, playoffs or none, these next 4 weeks will show if this team will even be competitive if it does happen to make the playoffs.
  2. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    At very most 2-2 i expect 1-3 on final 4 games
  3. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,544 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    Walter could be tough:)
  4. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,834 Messages
    891 Likes Received
    On the brighter side, we potentially have 2 months of playoff games ahead of us if we can eek out 3 more wins this month. If we are good enough to beat Cincy then we might just have a chance, huge game Sunday. :starspin
  5. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,164 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    Yeah. I wasn't trying to be overly pessimistic. My point was, we're not gonna face any teams in the playoffs that are worse than the teams we will face these next 4 weeks. That's not saying these next 4 opponents are bad teams--it's just saying they're fringe playoff teams but not really contenders. So these next 4 games will give us a much better idea of just how good (or bad) this Cowboys team is than games against teams like Philly or Cleveland. We have to show that we're better than these teams if we're going to have any chance to make noise in the playoffs.
  6. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,834 Messages
    891 Likes Received

I don't disagree, I was just pointing out that every game from here on out is essentially a playoff game ..... although I think that we might be able to lose one and remain alive under certain scenarios. If we do get into the playoffs and manage to win one or two, it will be 2 straight months of playoff games every weekend - kind of cool, but of course it could end abruptly, like this weekend for instance.
  7. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,764 Messages
    2,409 Likes Received

This game in Cinci is the measuring stick.

Are we up to the task? Tune in Sunday.:D
  8. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    What do memaining mean?