1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Remember Seattle, remember!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Romonater, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Romonater

Romonater Active Member

169 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I remember last year how we expected great things after last year's win against the Giants. Then we got pummeled by Seattle. I think our defense played fantastically. The points allowed and the yardage don't do justice of how well our defense played. They need to learn from last year's debacle(which I think was what set the tone last year) and not take Kansas City likely. Let's get 'em, gents! Let's go to 2-0!!!!!!

How about them Cowboys!?!?!??!
  2. punchnjudy

punchnjudy Well-Known Member

1,278 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Probably the best thing about this win (aside from the fact that they won) is, unlike last year, there likely won't be any cheese for them to eat. I don't think they could look at film of this game and not see clear areas that need improvement. Winning ugly is probably the best thing for this team early in the season as long as they can keep it up.
    nake likes this.
  3. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,279 Messages
    2,469 Likes Received
    Seattle was coming off a loss against woeful Arizona last year at this time. The Chiefs destroyed their opponent this week and, as I recall, have something like six Pro Bowlers on their roster and one of the best coaches in the modern era. I can't imagine the the Cowboys overlooking them.
  4. Romonater

Romonater Active Member

169 Messages
    83 Likes Received

Fantastic quote! Agree 100%
    1LoyalCowboyFan likes this.
  5. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,600 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    Every team that went to Seattle last year got whupped.
  6. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,918 Messages
    1,592 Likes Received
    Don't worry. Felix Jones isn't on the team anymore.
  7. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,420 Messages
    1,806 Likes Received
    It's gonna be a tough matchup. Alex Smith won't carve up the secondary like Eli did, but he also won't throw 3 picks. He's an excellent game manager but not much of a play maker. Also, unlike the Giants, they have an excellent offensive line and an excellent running back.
    1LoyalCowboyFan likes this.
  8. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,316 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    I honestly don't see Garrett letting anything like that EVER happening again. This years team to me seems to have that no nonsense, business first mentality. I think Callahan needs to game plan to involve Dez more and come up with fewer predictable running plays.
  9. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,827 Messages
    1,598 Likes Received
    Chiefs have a good corner in Flowers so they likely won't play a safety over the top on Dez all game. Tamba Hali, Eric Berry, and Derrick Johnson are game changers on that D. We're gonna have to be sharp to win.
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,561 Likes Received
    Consider who their HC is now and the struggle we had there 4 years ago I don't see how we can take them lightly.
  11. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,918 Messages
    1,592 Likes Received
    If they double Dez, feed the ball to Austin. Maybe he'll get 200+ yards again.
  12. KingLerxst

KingLerxst Member

92 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    The Seahawks turned out to be a damn good team. Much better tan what the Chiefs have. As tough as Arrowhead can be. Seattle has the best home crowd in the league right now.
  13. windward

windward NFL Historian

15,217 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    It will be tough. But I have confidence in this team to play well.
  14. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Chiefs definitely aren't as talented as the Seahawks were and or are.
    I think the game will be close. Alex Smith plays smart football as others have said; but he's more on the safe side so if we get them down early. I don't see them mounting a come back.