1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Replace all the offensive coaches, but keep Garrett?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Galian Beast, Mar 25, 2014.

1. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    If wanna pretend those coaches were great in they're first three years then put on your dress and have a tea party while your at it. If you think Tom Coughlin was great because he backed into the playoffs with a 9-7 record with the Jags then you must think Garrett is pretty close to beeing great with his 8-8 record, Please have fun diggin through the history of the NFL to prove Garrett sucks. They won just as many SB games as Garrett in they're first 3 years and their over all record aint from squat. But please enjoy yourself braggin about a coach that made the playoffs with a 9-7 record with 2 different teams while you talkin junk about one that hasn't made it yet with an 8-8 record.
  2. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

1,949 Messages
    738 Likes Received
    I agree with the slow turn around. I do get it. I'll be patient a while longer. There has been a tear down going on.
    But still Red has been less a brilliant coach then I had thought. I'am giving it another two years before I start
    heating the tar and pluckin chickens.
    Idgit likes this.
  3. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received

Well you know if Coughlin made the playoffs with his 9-7 record it must mean Garrett sucks with his 8-8 record. You know how important that 1 game is right?
    Idgit and Carharris2 like this.
  4. waving monkey

1,949 Messages
    738 Likes Received
    I hate to state the obvious but a Lombardy came along with it but maybe thats your point.
  5. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,983 Messages
    1,260 Likes Received
    Every game is important in the NFL... the difference between 8-8 and 9-7 when your coach costs you games is the difference between going to the playoffs and not going to the playoffs... Not once, not twice, but thrice...
    Coy likes this.
  6. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,983 Messages
    1,260 Likes Received
    Tom Coughlin's first 4 years at each stop
    jaguars
    4-12
    9-7
    11-5
    11-5

Playoffs? 3/4 years (expansion team)

giants
    6-10
    11-5
    8-8
    10-6

playoffs? 3/4 years

Yeah... Garrett is really just as good...
    Coy likes this.
  7. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    Well we started with a list of coaches that supposedly are the standard for deciding Garrett dont measure up but then we ignore the first head coach the Cowboys ever had just to prove that the HC we have now sucks LOL Too bad Landry didn't win enough with his expansion team then maybe he could be considered as good of a coach as Coughlin and his Jaguars.
  8. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    NIce you figured out their first 4 years. I guess that fluffs up the numbers pretty good against a 3 year coach LOL
  9. waving monkey

1,949 Messages
    738 Likes Received
    Still I'll factor in the old,injured,mediocre talent that has been mentioned here ad nauseum.
  10. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,834 Messages
    891 Likes Received
    Garrett is slowly inculcating the team with a GKG culture, immune to accountability and bereft of situational performance.
    visionary likes this.
  11. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

1,117 Messages
    461 Likes Received
    Is it possible we will get banned from nfl play next season?
  12. waving monkey

1,949 Messages
    738 Likes Received
    I think accountability IS a part of Red's culture
  13. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,702 Messages
    860 Likes Received
    Why don't you ask the GM? Is it the coach's fault that the GM sank what, 16 million into Ratliff, Spencer and Austin who gave us absolutely nothing? Again, 20-36 talent, 29-27 record. People who act like this is some great team held back by coaching just expose how little they actually watch what's going on.
  14. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,629 Messages
    4,894 Likes Received
    If Jerry Jones believed half of what he tries to sell us about Garrett each year, he would.

I also think it would mean a lot to the team if he did that as well. Put your faith in your handpicked Frankentraineecoach.

But he won't.

Probably for a reason he honestly will never say unless you corner him drunk in a piano bar late one night.
  15. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,350 Messages
    602 Likes Received
    I agree. I have no doubt he will fail miserably but would love nothing more than to be proved wrong.
    Coy likes this.
  16. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,471 Messages
    2,079 Likes Received

skating on thin ice buddy
    uncle jerry doesnt like criticism from his favorite nephew
  17. visionary

7,471 Messages
    2,079 Likes Received

so all the mirrors in his house are broken?
  18. waving monkey

1,949 Messages
    738 Likes Received
    I wouldn't know about his mirrors Vision .I try to enjoy football not turn a game I love
    into a moral drama.
    5Stars and Idgit like this.
  19. visionary

7,471 Messages
    2,079 Likes Received

you are the one who talked about accountability, not me

so its a moral issue to be ignored when talking about garrett but not a moral issue when talking about others?

interesting perspective
  20. waving monkey

1,949 Messages
    738 Likes Received
    I was first responding to another posters comment on "accountability".
    The "broken mirrors' in Reds house just seemed a little dramatic.
    But to your point, I know many are unhappy with Garrett. I'm giving him time.