1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Replace Eagles with Redskins and....

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Bungarian, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey Zone Supporter

2,403 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    You have a normal off season. I am not believing the hype.
  2. starsfreak31

starsfreak31 Member

105 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Still have to run the football, block, and tackle. If we do those things better than Philly we win. Period.
  3. treykin32

treykin32 Member

182 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Thats way they play the games..:cool:
  4. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Huge difference between what the Eagles have done and what the Redskins have done.

But whatever you homers need to sleep at night.

Do you kiss you Jerry bobblehead at night before you go to bed?
  5. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,529 Messages
    1,680 Likes Received
    The difference is the Eagles are a pretty well run organization. The Skins are a nightmarish mess.
  6. Gemini850

Gemini850 New Member

1 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Eagles have stability. Stable organization and stable coaches the redskins don't.
  7. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    They overpaid for a Pacman Jones with slightly less cantankerous attitude, reminds me of when they overpaid for Jevon Kearse and everyone acted like they just won the super bowl, they paid a buttload for Asante Samuel too, where'd that get them? A wildcard loss with a quarterback that started out second string in the season opener and redeemed his career for at least a season. Philly is good, they just got a good player but come on, let's be reasonable that corner wasn't going to save Dallas either, if he was so good why was oakland so bad, it's a team game.
  8. rkstevens

rkstevens New Member

201 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not a big difference between the Eagles and Redskins. Neither has won a Superbowl in the past 19 seasons. Who cares about all the NFC East Titles or Division Titles the Eagles have won in the Andy Reid era? They don't have anything to show for it. Winning in the regular season is only to guarantee yourself a chance in the playoffs and if you don't win the Super Bowl, your season is no better than the team that didn't make the playoffs at all. I doubt the Steelers fans are looking back on last season with much enjoyment. Eagles fans can have their NFC East dominance and regular season success. As bad as the Cowboys have been recently, I'll take 3 Super Bowls in the last 20 years and hope that good coaching and management put the team in the position for another one soon.
  9. billyrags

billyrags Member

126 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Philly has to go all-in right now because I think the window to succeed with Vick is small. I pray he gets his big pay day. I don't believe he will be the same player once he gets financially comfortable again. Please sign him to a long term deal. I'm glad that Kolb is gone, though it sucks they got real value for him. Not a Kolb fan, but I think he would be better for them than Vick in a couple of years.
  10. rkstevens

rkstevens New Member

201 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I do think the 180 the Eagles are doing in regards to older free agents is interesting. Their front office has typically gotten rid of players when they hit 30, not sign them. Their bigger recent free agent signings were in their mid-late 20's when they got them (Kearse and Samuel with Darren Howard being 29). The interesting thing is that they still haven't been able to sign their first-round pick Danny Watkins. With a rookie salary cap, I'd think it'd be easier to sign him and they'd want to get him in as soon as possible since they're already pegging him as the starter despite not having worked out in any mini-camps or training camp. Maybe they're trying to squeeze him like they've done to their other free agents since he's 26 and will be 27 before the season's over. He's probably trying to get as much as he can knowing that he'll be 31 or 32 by the time his rookie contract ends.

My other question mark with the Eagles is if Vick can continue his play from last season. His QB rating last season was 25 points higher than his career rating. Maybe he's just suited for Reid's West Coast Offense and will be a Top 5 QB from now on. Maybe last season was an anomaly.
  11. The Emperor

The Emperor Marcus Aurelius Maximus

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Do you stab a Jerry voodoo doll so you can sleep at night?
  12. The Emperor

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They have a frickin' O-Line coach that hasn't coached on that side of the football since the first Bush was in office as their defensive coordinator, and that was at the high school level. That's a stable coach to you?
  13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,816 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    This is no different than what they have done in the past. Kearse was gonna put them over the top, then it was TO etc. Andy will still choke when it gets rough.
  14. ryanbabs

ryanbabs Active Member

759 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    If things don't work out for them, there will be a lot of unhappy guys that know they could've gotten more elsewhere...
  15. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,350 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    This comparison has been made about ten times today, and it's equally as dumb.
  16. The Emperor

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually, Kearse and T.O. came in the same year, which was 2004. And it did put them over the top. The only thing you're right about is what will be right once more: Andy will still choke when it gets rough.
  17. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    The Redskins were never good when they were making those moves.

They were trying to get good, not get over the top.
  18. 2233boys

2233boys Benched

2,283 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Eagles are a better coached team and a better ran organization, there is a huge difference between them and the Redskins (and they are better than Dallas in those regards too)
  19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,035 Messages
    2,266 Likes Received
    I wonder if Jerry has this same mentality.
  20. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,086 Messages
    3,070 Likes Received
    True, but they won't win the Super Bowl.

This emoticon is simply too perfect.

:trophy: