1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Report: Garrett staying...To get a play caller?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Dec 31, 2012.

1. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,699 Messages
    1,313 Likes Received
    Please no.
  2. Shatz88

Shatz88 New Member

24 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    This would be a good start to the off season
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,514 Messages
    9,683 Likes Received
    Great post.

Now fall in line and blame the head coach for all that is wrong with this team if you want to keep your fan card.
  4. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    This.

Please no more bringing guys from the 90s Cowboys glory years.

Just say no to Norv Turner.
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,514 Messages
    9,683 Likes Received
    It's not a report. Just a reporter thinking out loud.
  6. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    It'll be Norv Turner or Chan Gailey.
  7. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,415 Messages
    1,024 Likes Received
    Why would Norv come here? He's a better HC then JG is.
  8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,815 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    If the ultimate control freak, Bill Parcells, can let someone call the plays then so can JG. I dont know why he is being so stubborn about this, other than ego.
  9. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    :hammer:

We need new ideas here. Not the same ones from a different person.
  10. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,153 Messages
    498 Likes Received
    Agreed ... 1000%.
  11. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...I loved norv: 20 years ago!!!!!!! My gosh, he must have 10 mil or more in the bank: why on EARTH would he want to come back here and put up with JJ's clown show and hold RED's hand? Ain't happening boys: Norv is gonna ride off into the sunset and retire: dude is in his 60's I believe: put him out to pasture with Jimmy:lmao2:
  12. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Yeah, seemed to be more of one guys opinion than any fact. But I do think this will be Jones' attempt at fixing things. Hire some OC and then spin away about how it will free Garrett up to maxmize his potential.
  13. Trajan

Trajan Active Member

693 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Other than no change, this was the worst possible decision, which would be a Jerry Trademark. Now, the organization finally admits what any fan already knows, Garrett's vaunted offensive system is garbage and is being thrown aside.

The obvious question is why was he hired in the first place if he is nothing more than an average O-Coord who is now being relieved of play calling ?

So, we keep this foul coaching staff on life-support, bring in a new play-caller who will somehow right the whole ship ?

Wrong, time to bring in a coach with a clue and a plan, take our pain now, have a real re-building season or more and compete.

Dumb, but that is what we have come to expect.
  14. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I wouldn't poo poo the Norv idea. The fact that he hasn't done well as a HC doesn't mean he isn't a good OC. He has always done well in that capacity.
    Remember Wade? He was a terrible HC but he is a fantastic DC. Some people are just better suited for certain tasks.

I think Norv would be a good choice but it would be a bit awkward considering he was the other candidate that Jerry rejected in favor of Garrett. Now Garrett would be looking over his shoulder.
  15. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

......that's completely TRUE.....he was just speculating and admitted as much in the "article"....my gosh, think it was a tweet, not even an article. Desperate times around here.....:bang2:
  16. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 Well-Known Member

1,485 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Norv is not the answer! Please no. Please don't do it Jerry. This is NOT the early 90's. Norv has failed in this day and age. I hope Jerry does not try to live in the past success of Norv as OC. We need a new fresh innovative caller.
  17. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.....he isn't much of a 'defensive' anything in December: just ask the folks in Houston right now: Wade is old and worn out: same with NOrv....both OLD.....bring in someone with a pulse for crying out loud
  18. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,751 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    ...may not like this, but we need to be patient.

Garrett has done wonders with this team culture wise and we need to give him a chance to build on that foundation.

His greatest problem areas has been execution, game mgmt and adjustments. Something some experienced help could rectify.

I can't express enough to this forum how happy I have been to see our sidelines and the positive enthusiasm from our HC and the effort the team has put forth.

There really is something to build upon and truly Rome wasn 't built in a day or a season. He just needs his chance.
  19. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yea, I love how a reporter making something up elicits all sorts of jerry and garrett bashing, premised on said made up story....
  20. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

Yep. Putting the band back together is a terrible idea as we have seen in recent times with clowns like Campo, Wilson and Garrett collecting fat paychecks for the connections they made 20 years ago.

Norv created a massive mess of that San Diego offense and you want him to fix Jasons mess? Right.