1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Report: Garrett staying...To get a play caller?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Dec 31, 2012.

1. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,783 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Great news.........now we dont have to fix the OLine, or even put plays in the play book that can counter the MLB blitz pak the skins threw at Romo repeatedly........

all is fixed......
  2. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,777 Messages
    61 Likes Received

Jason Garrett has alot of good qualities as a coach. This team respects him and played hard for him all year even when they could have quit. With that said, i agree that he is a terrible playcaller. I think Jones is going to force Norv Turner on Garrett. Turner like wade is a great coordinator but terrible HC. Jones will strip Garrett of playcalling duties but retain him as a HC and both men will pretend theat they both wanted norv back in Dallas.
  3. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,850 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    We have been hiring a whole new coaching staff ever 3 years for the last 10-12 years and it hasn't netted us anything positive. Nothing.. To anyone that reads this post, please don't misconstrue it as me supporting Garrett or anything this mediocre leadership team has done to date. I'm pissed and tired of the excuses.. Excuses are just substitutes for perceived lack of intestinal fortitude. Grow some... That said, I believe the continuity of keeping Garrett as a "Mike Tomlin" HC with the addition of a real "OC" in Norv to work with Bill Callahan in raising this offense to peak efficiency levels would do wonders for the team we currently have in place.
  4. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,850 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    All is clearly not fixed but this would be a good start. I sense your supreme sarcasm though.
  5. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Kinda tired of hearing about continuity. Jasons failed regime is nothing more than continuity from Wades failed regime that actually managed to win more games than they lost. If the continuity is mediocre or bad, then whats the point?
  6. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,850 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    Your response implies that I consider that a negative thing. Not necessarily..
  7. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Well said. That's exactly what it would be.
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    I hate changing coaches as well but if the guy you have isn't any good then you have to make a change.

Wade Phillips did a better job then Jason.
  9. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Bite your tongue nobody makes Werder look talented.
  10. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,850 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    Well... I, sadly, just don't see a change happening so I have mentally prepared for the design that seats Garrett as a glorified cheerleader of men.
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,795 Messages
    1,669 Likes Received
    well that is BS since BP had 4 years and wade was booted after the team quit on him.
    Campo was 5-11 three straight years. Show me a team that would have gone for 4 of that.
    Some people chant continuity like it is some kind of mantra.
  12. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,413 Messages
    1,021 Likes Received
    You're right about that and that's a fact. Nobody can argue that point.
  13. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,413 Messages
    1,021 Likes Received
    Just heard Stephen on the fan and he said he is staying, so status quo. Woo hoo I'm excited about next season already. Aren't you? :mad:
  14. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,850 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    That is what I have mentally prepared for. The rest of my fellow fans are clearly still wallowing in grief and some inane belief that Jerry won't be Jerry.
  15. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

870 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    Quite simply if they don't fix the trenches and develop some sort of pass rush. 8-8 again.
  16. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,480 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Should be, even if it a couple seasons late no brainer... Garrett is a jack of all trades but master of none, this will allow him to concentrate on HC duties and see if he can pull it off.
  17. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,413 Messages
    1,021 Likes Received
    Oh I knew it would be the same as well, but you always wish. I think it's a huge mistake as with all of the firings today the HC market is going to be really thin and a lot of the coaches will be gone, ie. Grudens, Cowhers, Holmgrens Reid's, etc.

It will much like when BP dragged his feet and didn't decide to retire until after the coaching slew took place and we were left with the Wades, Norvs, Riveras of the world off the scrap heat.
  18. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Incoming Norv in 3, 2, 1, ...
  19. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,196 Messages
    2,011 Likes Received
    Woo hoo! Wow..another 8-8 season next year if we're lucky.
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    I don't either. I see more mediocrity and excuses too.