1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Reports are coming in Duke Robinson OG falling has red flag now

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 23, 2009.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    reports are coming in now on duke robinson og from oklahoma that his work etchic especially at college is in question now, if he falls should we take him and how far do you think he will fall?

i heard this on smoaky ktbb show, smoaky said reports are coming in with reg flag on duke now;

so what do you think?
  2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    **** that guy, he's dead to me
  3. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    You mean the Cowboys have a red flag on him? Or just generally?

I'll say it again, I prefer Loadholt over Robinson right now.

Loadholt can play RT and OG. His versatility suits us better - esp as he can play OT.

On top of that, he's ranked higher than Robinson by many, including Goose's rankings.
  4. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm off the band wagon. I'd take him in round 4.
  5. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    i dont know what teams have a red flag on him, what smoaky said on air on ktbb was that reports are coming out now that duke robinson didnt work out like he should have at college, and now he has a red flag on him, so again, dont know what teams have the red flag on him, but evidently some do now
  6. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    also, you have to keep in mind, what this could be is that some teams started something to get the player to drop so they could get him, you know like smokescreens;

its like way back in the 60's when the president kennedy got shot, mel renfro smashed his hand on a window, supposedly the cowboys spread a rumor that renfros hand didnt have feeling in it, and he might not could play football, etc
    so renfro dropped alittle for the cowboys to draft him
  7. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    NAHHH I always though he was overvalued on here. There's been zero buzz about the guy and you'd think we would hear more about him. He looks like a big slob that will get beat by the fast DT and Tucks of the world. No thanks. I'd rather stick with Holland and get a Caldwell in the 4th.
  8. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,274 Messages
    1,219 Likes Received
    I wish Robiskie would get a red flag... so we could draft him. ;)
  9. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    i still think he will be a monster in 2 years, after he realizes how much money he has lost

but at same time, he can not be willing to work and fail, so you just dont know, thats where your scouts come in
  10. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,188 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    I do not like Robinson as much as some do. If he were to slip to the 4th round, I think he would be a very good value but I would not like to see us take him in the 2nd or 3rd but if he managed to somehow slip to the 4th, I would be happy with that pick. JMO
  11. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I don't see what's so much to like about him in the first place, other than he's big. He looks lazy and ends up on the ground a lot if you ask me.
  12. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    well what i saw on film of him and in bowl game etc, he looked great, maybe im missing something

like i said, i have been wrong on some players and wont be the last, but moreso im more right then i am wrong on players in the draft;
  13. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I think he has personality issues, too. If he falls out of round two, I guess Kiper was right. Gosselin has him rated in the later third as you know.

I want offensive linemen, so I jumped on his wagon. He is supposed to be rated higher. The Cowboys probably like many things about him. However, if his work ethic is in question, they probably will not draft him.

I think he's there at 51, and I don't think the Cowboys will take him there, especially after seeing Gosselin's rankings.

I really think not competing at the Senior Bowl hurt him.
  14. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,656 Messages
    1,482 Likes Received
    No give me a less athletic, more cerebral, over achiever type. Urbik from Wisconsin.
  15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,656 Messages
    1,482 Likes Received
    Lousy game versus Florida, the best DLine he faced last year.
  16. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,726 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    or Herm Johnson. Don't think I saw him on Goose's top 100.
  17. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,205 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    Loadhold ain't making it as a tackle in the NFL.
  18. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    aint? aint??
  19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,023 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    Your talkin to people in the great state of Texas.

Like... I aint gonna drink a warm beer and neither are any of yall.

We use those words.
  20. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    jimmy's from New England