1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Representing Cowboys Nation Today

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Kristi, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Kristi

Kristi I Rue Everything

347 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I'm being filmed today by a local news station for a piece they are going to do about being Ms. Wheelchair SD. Today they are filming me working out at the Wellness Center and I am representing the Boys today and wearing my DWARE jersey. I work out in jerseys anyway, but now I'll be on TV in one. I'm nervous over this -- I hate being on video. Wish me luck!

P.S. I didn't know which forum this should go in. If needs to be moved it's cool with me.
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Make sure you post a link to the video if it gets on the web. And again, congrats.

You shouldn't be nervous. If they picked you it's because they know you can handle this stuff. You'll be a great representative.
  3. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,858 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Good luck...

You'll do just great!
  4. seniorette

seniorette New Member

397 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good Luck! Just make like Miles Austin after a Romo pass and you will forget all about the camera's.
    God Bless You
  5. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,885 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Good luck Kristi!
  6. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    You want her to dive for it????

:confused:
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,344 Messages
    4,489 Likes Received
    Knock'em dead Kristi.

I know you can do it!
  8. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  9. Kristi

Kristi I Rue Everything

347 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I survived. My PT, Dad, and reporter said I did well. I hope so. Two more shootings to do and should air the piece in the middle of May. I'll post a link once it is up.
  10. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sweet! ..and a WARE jersey? NICE CHOICE! Looking forward to seeing this now.
  11. Kristi

Kristi I Rue Everything

347 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2970&Itemid=57

Here is the piece KDLT did on me. I said I would post it once it was up. They got my dog's name wrong, but corrected it in the print version. It's gotten good reviews. Hard for me to watch myself on TV.

I hate being on TV and got roped into doing another interview for a show called Wild Dakota on my fishing trip on the Missouri River with the Paralyzed Vets and Firemen. An AMAZING experience for this city girl and I hope I can do it again. It was AWESOME! My boat captains requested I come back so hopefully I do get to do it for years to come.

I'm doing great with my fundraiser. The Sioux Falls Storm let me flip the coin at their game on Saturday and the charity backed out for the Thunder Ball toss so they said if I could get 8-10 friends together we could sell em and all money raised would go to me for Nationals. This was last minute and my friends rallied around me and helped. We raised $211. Not what they usually pull in, but the stadium was NAKED being Memorial Day weekend. I won the coin flip for the Storm (woot woot) and the Storm won by 1 point in OT!!

Hopefully, my fundraiser is a success on June 12th. Businesses have been wonderful about donating raffle prizes. I have over 80 at this moment and have a few to pick up this week. Posters and flyers all over so hopefully I get a good turnout. I would like to pay my daddy back.

I'm keeping busy, but thought I would stop by here with an update and the link. :)
  12. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,004 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Sweet! Congrats Kristi!
  13. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  14. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    You're an inspiration, congrats all around.
  15. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,594 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    congratulations!! :D
  16. Kristi

Kristi I Rue Everything

347 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Thanks! :)

ZC -- I am having an absolute blast with all the cool opportunities that come with being Ms. Wheelchair SD. The fishing trip, Special Olympics, Storm game, etc. It's all fun and exciting. Businesses have been more then generous with offering raffle prizes so much so my dad and friends think I have found a new career in possibly PR or fundraising. I have a business degree, but I'm getting more PR exposure now.

I haven't found a job yet, but I am getting far more phone calls from employers now that I have changed my resume to having my role as Ms. Wheelchair on it. It also lets me add more charity work to my resume.

My career service rep at my school and I were hesitant in putting it on at first. With it on their employers read that and may discriminate before even reading the rest of my resume. If that is the case -- I don't want to work for a company like that. On the other hand it's a positive thing to have on my resume and if they know I am in a chair already -- saves for that awkward first meeting like in an interview.

I'm glad I finally decided to run.
  17. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,283 Messages
    573 Likes Received
    Well I certainly did NOT have a hard time watching you on TV. WOW!

Congratulations with your success. Please.............carry on!