1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Republican Strategist... This is not the republican party of Ronald Reagan

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Maikeru-sama, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Was just watching Larry King Live and Republican Strategist Michelle Laxalt was on with others discussing the election. She even said that she is hearing rumors that the McCain camp is basically treating Palin like a secretary, giving her dumbed down talking points filled with some of the most incendiary claims.

In the Youtube video below, she slams John McCain''s campaign for constantly trying to paint Barack Obama as a terrorists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQRBZGVagcQ
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I agree. This is not the same party. What's eerie is that Regan said he didn't leave the democratic party, they left him. I feel the same way about the republican party now.

As for he terrorist thing. :rolleyes:
  3. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Not.Even.Close.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,841 Messages
    1,687 Likes Received
    BS. With all the questionable types Obama has been around its a very valid point.
    But I do agree the Republican Party has lost its way and its guts.

Its time for a CONSERVATIVE PARTY.
  5. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    She sounds like a liberal in the video... raising the phony "equal pay for equal work" line of BS and criticizing Palin for "not supporting it." I don't know a conservative worth their salt who a) believes that line of crap and b) would actually advocate the government stepping in and "fixing" salaries. God Bless Palin for not falling for that nonsense.

I've never heard of Michelle Laxalt as a "Republican strategist" and I can't find anything that indicates that anyone has actually hired her to strategize for anything.

I can only assume people know who she is because she's Paul Laxalt's daughter... which doesn't necessarily make her an authority on anything.
  6. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,049 Messages
    794 Likes Received

That I agree with.
  7. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You obviously didn't look hard enough and Liberal my arse...

fox news

cnn

link

laxalt corporation

Michelle Laxalt Laxalt Corporation Bio

msnbc

Far left
  8. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,400 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    LMAO, just what the country needs next, the government telling companies how much to pay their employess. With that and all the other socialsitic programs, starting with Healthcare, on the horizon it is a sad day to be an American.
  9. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Duly noted... I just had never heard of her before, but clearly she's been around the block a few times.

I was just turned off by her "equal pay" line. If she's applying that litmus test to Republicans she agrees with, I'm not all that interested in her opinion.
  10. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,247 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    This without a doubt is no longer the party of Reagan. I think that is why I get so upset when I hear some of them invoking his name in Awe. I think if he was still with us and free from the terrible condition that robbed the last years of his life...he would be disgusted with how the party has changed.

Furthermore I think some of you have seen my disgust when someone in the press, or here, try in some way to compare Palin to Ronald. Basically it chaps my arse.

Man I did not agree with all of his policies and ideas but he is such a better man at President then any of these nipple heads being trotted out as contenders. Best president in my life time no matter any of his troubles.

I think the only guy currently in politics that makes me feel remotely as close to the admiration I had of Reagan, is Ron Paul.
  11. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    And it can easily be said that the Democratic party is not the Democratic party of Kennedy.

Everything changes, and is this to be a measuring point for good or for bad? I think subjectivity is too far ingrained for anyone to think they can honestly try to use this, in either way, as a point of relevance.
  12. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,940 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    [IMG]

You are greatly missed, sir...
  13. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    No kidding RIP Dutch
  14. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've been hearing a great deal about President Reagan in the last 2-3 elections, anybody know of a good non-biased book about him?
  15. BrAinPaiNt

61,247 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Believe it or not...I don't care whether the dems are or are not like the party of Kennedy.

I want the republicans to get back to a better time to an actual conservative situation (well except on religious and some social issues :D ) But I think even then they were not as influenced by the religious right, although I guess one could argue that started to increase during Reagan's years.
  16. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,188 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    I don't know how long it's been since you took a little time to review President Reagan's early years in politics but if I can make a recommendation, perhaps you should go back and have a look. I think that if you do this, you might see why many compare Palin and Reagan. It is not a statement of how good Palin might be or if she will ever be like Reagan. I think it's more a statement of how simular the two are at comparative stages in there careers. I could be wrong but I think you might be amazed.
  17. BrAinPaiNt

61,247 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Um no...I was around during that time.

I remember people making fun of Ronny for things but even then he was not like Sarah in many ways.

Sorry...that ship don't float in my eyes.
  18. ABQCOWBOY

35,188 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received

suit yourself. I too was around. I find that there are several things in commen.

Hopefully, you will not judge me to severly when I make these comparisons.

:)
  19. BrAinPaiNt

61,247 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    I will just call you exlax as the comparisons will have the same effect on me. :p: ;)
  20. ABQCOWBOY

35,188 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received

Your too kind.

:)