1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ReShard, Richie or neither???

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by AmarilloCowboyFan, Sep 22, 2004.

1. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Active Member

2,396 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    I can still get ReShard and Richie Anderson in my league and my RB group sucks right now.

With JJ out do you think either one would be a very good pick?
  2. k19

k19 Active Member

2,958 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I'd have to say stay away from all 3 of the Cowboys backs. Running back by comittee is never good for a fantasy owner. You never know whats going to happen. Will we let Lee have the ball between the 20's and give the ball to EG in the redzone? WHo knows at this point. If you're hurting for a RB look at some of the fill ins with after this weekends injuries

Stecker takes over for McAllister in NO
    Rhodes could take over for James in Indy
    Blaylock may be spelling Holmes in KC

Rhodes and Blaylock are possibilities for this weekend, stecker will definitely be playing the next few weeks
  3. CowboysFan02

CowboysFan02 Degree or Bust

810 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dont forget Lee for now also is a return man, and may break a few big ones. I have him in as my RB/WR right now. But I am a little weak at RB.
  4. k19

k19 Active Member

2,958 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    What league is that on? I know the way our ESPN league is set any points on ST goes toward D/ST totals, not the individual player, so it wouldnt help you in that case. I just dont think splitting the time is going to make any of them "starters" unless one consistantly produces in the redzone.

I'm still trying to decide who to plug in to replace McAllister. Guess I go with S Alexander and Q Griffin and plug D Mason in as a WR/RB. Joys of injuries
  5. CowboysFan02

CowboysFan02 Degree or Bust

810 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Free yahoo.
  6. AmarilloCowboyFan

2,396 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Thanks for the advice.
    Stecker and Rhodes are already taken and I don't think Holmes is gonna miss any time.

My current RBs are Dillon( bye week ) Staley( against Miami ) and K Jones( against Philly ) and L Gordon( against Pitt. ) so you can see why I'm looking for options. Pretty much everyone but Lee and Anderson are gone.

Well Emmitt is still available....

I guess I'll chalk this week up as a loss.
  7. k19

k19 Active Member

2,958 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Last I saw it looks more and more like Priest will not play. According to reports

Chiefs | Holmes Unlikely to Play - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:07:17 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Priest Holmes (ankle) did not practice Wednesday, Sept. 22, and is unlikely to play in Week 3 against the Houston Texans.
  8. AmarilloCowboyFan

2,396 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Maybe I will take a chance on Blaylock.
    I will wait until Friday and see what they are saying.
  9. k19

k19 Active Member

2,958 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I picked him up as an FA this morning. I decided not to go after stecker or duckett . Guess I'll just make the best of what I have until McAllister gets back. Nothing else I moved up 6 spots on the waiver list :rolleyes:

That is one thing I like about ESPN. Once the first game starts our rosters lock and all players FA players are locked in on the waiver wire until Thursday. You want one after they lock you roll the dice nd hope they are there after the waivers unlock or pick them up and go to the back of the waiver list. I hate the way yahoo just lets you grab players 24-7. Makes it to easy foir people to just scoop up players since they dont lose anything