1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Resting Starters Against Raiders, Eagles, Chiefs, Chargers

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Stryker44, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

963 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    Do you all think that it would be wise to rest starters in these games against teams that are vastly inferior, in order to preserve the starters for the stretch run and tougher teams on the schedule?
  2. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,206 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    No way in hell this is a serious thread. I missed the joke somewhere that started this.
  3. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,685 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    Whoops I was thinking this was a remark over resting starters in pre-season. If we rest our starters against Oakland it might be a fair game. Seriously Pryor, SMH.
  4. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

963 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    Plus it sends the message to the other team "we know you suck, we are better than you, and we can destroy you with our top guys resting for the real threats"
  5. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

1,125 Messages
    656 Likes Received
    Too much parity in the NFL today - you never know who can jump up and surprise you.
  6. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,897 Messages
    2,367 Likes Received

i think jason will rest the starters aganst other weak teams like the skins once we are up by 3 TDs
  7. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

963 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    Oh really? Going to the Tampa 2 with a 70 year old defensive coordinator isn't exactly gonna get it done against our offense - good luck on that wild card spot though. Would rather Dallas gets it than the Vagiants and their colluding owner.
  8. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,576 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    We--meaning the Redskins--have lost entirely too many games to crap opponents to even think about this. Who can forget giving Detroit their 1st win in 23 games? Something like that? Never take a game off.
  9. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,897 Messages
    2,367 Likes Received

hook, line, and sinker :)
    Wheeltax likes this.