1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rex Ryan: Rob wanted to draft JJ Watt

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Oct 8, 2012.

1. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,672 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    Try impossible....yeesh. I'm disappointed in my cowboys too but not because they aren't trying. I just want them to do better. They addressed 1 of our biggest concerns last year with TSmith and then this year with Carr and Claiborne. People don't understand you cant draft a 1st round pick for every position. You have to hit on the cheap free agents and late round picks to be competitive. We will get there. It's just hard waiting.
  2. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,808 Messages
    483 Likes Received
    Agreed
  3. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,403 Messages
    1,443 Likes Received
    I've hated a bunch of them. Surprisingly they were all Kickers. I don't know how that happened.
  4. Rockytop6

Rockytop6 Well-Known Member

2,067 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    Congratulations! Now you've got it or should I say, now you have it!
  5. cnhnyy

cnhnyy Member

469 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I do not think anyone thought J J Watt was going to be this dominating back when the draft was taken place. I mean, if the draft had a do-over, J Watt would have been the second pick behind Cam Newton.

It reminds me of D Ware who is the best player from 2005 draft. However, I do not think anyone can foresee it before the 2005 draft either. We lucked it out with him.
  6. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,367 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    Tom Brady wasn't highly rated and JJ Watt was. The Cowboys needed another pass rusher and Watt was one of the players on the Cowboys radar.
  7. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    Yep -- pretty much this.

Watt wasn't <that> highly touted coming out of Wisconsin. I mean he was considered a top half of the 1st round guy, but nobody was talking about him like they talked about Suh (2010), or even Fairly (2011).