1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RG III has leadership questioned

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by dstovall5, Nov 15, 2013.

1. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,050 Messages
    1,166 Likes Received
    ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Redskins don't have leadership. That's a conclusion drawn by former Redskins great Darrell Green.

Green, a Hall of Famer widely considered to be one of the best cornerbacks in league history, made his assertion about Robert Griffin III and the overall state of the 3-6 Redskins on Showtime's "Inside the NFL."

"It's not very good," Green said. "It's not very good. ... I think that it's been rough, but it looks like the kid -- and I'm talking about RG III -- it looks like he's starting to get it back.

Read the rest here - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...-redskins-leadership-questioned-darrell-green
  2. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,360 Messages
    392 Likes Received
  3. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,837 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Did he put a hat on backwards? Or is it the socks with this guy?

I think it's the socks, you can't take a man wearing superhero socks seriously.
  4. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    He seems as slick and disingenuous like Newton.
    vlad and mcompact like this.
  5. bark

bark Well-Known Member

1,885 Messages
    711 Likes Received
    Robert is playing in the perfect city for that....
    slick and disingenuous .... He's got a lot of company in DC
    And yea...not overly impressed with robert
    khiladi likes this.
  6. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

955 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Sports media is so pathetic. Darrell Green was not so much questioning RG3's leadership, as he was questioning whether a second year player could really be a leader with so little experience. Green has since admitted he has no contact with that locker room, and has no idea about what may or may not be happening inside the locker room.

But oh no, don't let facts get in the way of finding yet another way to pile onto a player who it has become increasingly more popular to be negative about.
  7. bark

bark Well-Known Member

1,885 Messages
    711 Likes Received

Tony romo says hey
  8. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,271 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    I think the RGKnee hype is on the way down, not up. LoL
  9. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,813 Messages
    2,902 Likes Received

I don't think he is as bad as Cam. Cam to me is much worse.

I do think however that both have Waaaaay to much media coverage and very over rated. With RGIII's media hype being even more than Cam's was which is mind boggling to me.

Oh...was watching the baylor game and they said baylor gave HC Briles an extension and I thought it was due to the possibility of Texas wanting him but they said they actually heard that Snyder had asked about him possibly coming in to the Skins to be the coach and reunite with his star pupil RGIII...so one has to wonder how Snyder is feeling about Shanny right now.
  10. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Yeah, Cam is slimy. You can see the insincerity oozing out of his pores everytime he says something.
  11. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,568 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    A lot of the hype was annoying, even for me. He's a 2nd year QB, of course he is going to struggle--most do.

Stephen A. Smith also said "according to sources" Shanahan wanted Tannehill and not Griffin--and Snyder forced it on him--which is complete, unadulterated crap. Rumors get started so wildly, I view 90% of them as false until I hear someone reputable bring it up. While it's entirely possible this could be true, I find it highly unlikely. I am willing to bet Shanahan--for better or worse--is getting a 5th year.

For a detailed analysis, please refer to ********'s play-by-play of ESPN pumping up Jaws Kaepernick (currently at 56% comp) Could Be Best Ever story: http://********.com/how-espn-manufactures-a-story-colin-kaepernick-edition-1185400028
  12. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,568 Messages
    3,429 Likes Received
    RG3 is Learning The Gift & The Curse of Celebrity & Skiptized Media

There are NFL stars and then there are STARS.

It has nothing to do with what is happening on the field, but everything to do what is going on off the field. Once your own field celebrity crosses over into mainstream celebrity the opportunities that are afforded to you are plentiful. In life though there is always a trade off for such riches and that is what Robert Griffin III is finding out.

No matter what anyone tells you, the crux of media are interesting people and public downfalls. The cliche is “Sex Sells”, but it really isn’t a cliche, without colorful personalities there wouldn’t be anything to talk about.

RG3 was a colorful personality and if he was drafted by the Browns, that might have been hidden in Cleveland, but since it was the Redskins that made the trade for him, it only added to the mythical aura. RG3 was going to be the Redskins savior and Redskins fans who were starved for a winner started the worship long before RG3 took his first snap.

The good news was that RG3 lived up to the hype. He was as good as advertised, which only made the worship stronger and the legend greater. RG3 like most “superstar personalities” soaked up the adulation and in my mind thrived off of it.

Read more at http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2...elebrity-skiptized-media/#EkvSG3mP6OyUUdGY.99
  13. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,193 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received

RG III sucks and is a front runner
    deal with it
    TheCowboy likes this.
  14. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,338 Messages
    1,634 Likes Received
    Newton is loads better though...
  15. khiladi

11,338 Messages
    1,634 Likes Received
    Funny how they blaming Shanny, when it was Shanny's scheme that was partly the reason for his great season. Whether you like Shanny or not, one thing i he knows how to get the most out of his run game. You take that away, RG3 is looking even worse now.....
    visionary likes this.
  16. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

955 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    LOL @ the tough guy on the internet.
  17. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Well, Cam has a year of development time on Griffin (he's in his 3rd year, Griffin 2nd).
  18. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,685 Messages
    3,620 Likes Received
    santana moss humbled him yesterday.

19. khiladi

11,338 Messages
    1,634 Likes Received
    Cam hd a pretty phenomenal first year that showed his talent. He threw over 400 a few times if I remember correctly, his first year. RG3's first year was a lot of read-option surprise, i.e. scheme.
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  20. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,635 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    He is the exact same guy this year as he was the past several years. Only this year, he's losing more than expected. Act a certain way and win, you're a natural leader. Act the exact same way and lose, and they all question you.