1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rg3 most overrated player I've ever seen...

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Pessimist_cowboy, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Hey, all of you so called Dallas fans who are pulling for the Redskins and RG3.

Guess what?

Your team lost today. With RG3 you are 0-1 in the playoffs baby. How you like them apples?

As if any freaking Cowboys fan has to stand here and defend that Redskin. How about you just ignore those who are over-reacting to RG3? Why do you feel the need to drag out your RG3 soapbox and trumpet your yeah buts all over the place? He is a Redskins QB.

Shut up already.
  2. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,056 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    :facepalm:

All your doing is piling on after a poor performance. I do believe Luck is better, since he runs a pro style offense and yes Griffin is over rated, but you're definately confusing what he doesn't have to do vs what he can't do.

All season, I've been telling a co worker of mine that while RG3 is good, 93 some years of NFL football tell us that a QB can not survive a season with his play style, and based on this season, there's no reason to believe he will buck that trend w/o the offense changing drastically.

It's not that he can't read a defense, at times he does, but rarely does he have to. Teams are so afraid of him running, that after a play action he's hitting wide open WRs in the middle of the field.

It will be interesting to see what Shannahan does next season because eventually he will sufer a major injury.
  3. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,694 Messages
    1,568 Likes Received
    And we'll have to deal with this overrated QB for 12 years, while we watch from the basement. Children should not be allowed to post.
  4. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

2,077 Messages
    140 Likes Received

Who picked the Panthers to go to the Superbowl? Cam had a down year in his second year in the league.
  5. alecweezy

alecweezy Member

103 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Jeez. So many bitter people

RG3 is a great QB.
  6. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,704 Messages
    1,508 Likes Received
    Yeah it is.

:facepalm:
  7. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,764 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    RG3 laying an egg tonight sure was fun to watch.
  8. Pabst

Pabst Active Member

953 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    I agree, although I think he's smarter than Vick ever was. RG3 gets a heck of a lot of credit for basically throwing play action passes, which is really more of a testament to Morris' abilities than his own. I'm no expert, but RG3 stares down receivers a lot.

Their offense isn't sustainable long term, especially if RG3 keeps getting himself hurt.
  9. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,914 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Im only concerned about Morris . Good rg3 won't even play for 12 years his knee is already messed up cause he thinks he is an RB out there .
  10. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,694 Messages
    1,568 Likes Received
    So what about our QB? 11th year, can't beat an over rated QB, what does that make him?
  11. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

2,077 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Morris would not have had the season he had without RG3. So if RG3 goes down you won't have to worry about Morris as much IMO. Morris is a product of Mike Shanahan's scheme and defenses scared of what RG3 is going to do.
  12. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,974 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    you could argue that Morris is great because teams are afraid to et beat by RG III. That is my take.

I did notice that he stared down a receiver more than once today so i'll agree with you on that.
  13. alecweezy

alecweezy Member

103 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    No RG3 gets a heck of a lot of credit for being a smart, efficient passer and his ability to use his legs.
  14. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

2,077 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Morris would not have had the season he had without RG3. So if RG3 goes down you won't have to worry about Morris as much IMO. Morris is a product of Mike Shanahan's scheme and defenses scared of what RG3 is going to do.
  15. Pessimist_cowboy

1,914 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    It's a team game . Need a better RB and OL , my qb can pass . Yours can't I'll take mine over yours ... Go back to the skins board get out of here loser !!!
  16. Pessimist_cowboy

1,914 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Your confused . Youve got it the wrong way . In fact cousins looked like a better passer than rg3 . Go watch film :laugh1:
  17. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,447 Messages
    8,335 Likes Received
    I think he's smarter too. I think he's more accurate than Vick as well. He's got an arm, but Vick has a cannon.

I'm just saying he's a very under developed pro QB who ran a connect the dots offense that featured a great running game. He is not the great player the media wants you to believe. He got exposed tonight.

Actually, he was exposed last week. He just wasn't carried to the win this week.
  18. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,056 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    I would agree with this, but would just say has not doesn't equal can not
  19. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,384 Messages
    1,156 Likes Received
    I don't know about overrated...but he is definitely the most overhyped player.

I'll wait and reserve judgment until next year when the league has more film on him and Mike Shannahan realizes that running a college offense isn't going to get it done in the NFL.
  20. forever22

forever22 Member

369 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Ummm..we scored 18 against them, which would have won the game by today's game score. How is that the QB or offense's fault?