1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rg3 most overrated player I've ever seen...

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Pessimist_cowboy, Jan 6, 2013.

1. forever22

forever22 Member

369 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldn't say he's overrated but anyone running around in the NFL a lot usually doesn't last long. It's a bunch of car accidents all game long. It'd work if that's a last ditch effort and definitely helps the running game, with the play action, no doubt. I think they need to limit his running more...of course I hope they don't deep down inside *winky guy*
  2. alecweezy

alecweezy Member

103 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Exposed? Seriously? He's been playing on one knee the past couple weeks, it's obvious he isn't 100% and shouldn't have played today. And he did way better against Seattle than we did. He does like to stare down recievers but he's only a rookie, he will get better.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,753 Messages
    10,046 Likes Received
    In a way that the closest comparison skills wise is Vick. And it's not even close. Nobody else has the combination of athleticism and arm strength.

Vick didn't start his pro career running this gimmick. I don't think it's a fair comparison. But Vick's 2010 season is about what you saw from Griffin this year. If you want to say that's a plus for Griffin since he's a rookie, I would sort of agree. I think the league's changed. I think the offense he's running is the easiest you'll ever find in the league. I credit his rat face head coach as much or more than I credit him.

What you saw the last two weeks should have opened your eyes. He had to play big boy QB. He couldn't run around like Michael Vick. The knee wouldn't let him. He had to operate within the pocket more.

He responded with two 100 yards passing, 50% completion percentage performances.

The guy is not even an average pro QB yet. The hype to substance ratio is way out of whack.
  4. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,188 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    They did turn the ball over 3 times....just say in
  5. forever22

forever22 Member

369 Messages
    0 Likes Received

But they still had more points than the Skins did today, so it would have been enough to win

The only points they scored off the 3 was the last one, when it was all but over
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,753 Messages
    10,046 Likes Received
    I've never once said he could never do it. Just that he can't do it now yet I'm living in some bizarro world where everybody's acting like he can and has.

I've never seen a player get this kind of treatment. Fall in line. He's a star before he can actually play.

I'd bet against him though, if I'm being honest. And I said that way before the Redskins made the trade up for him.
  7. Pabst

Pabst Active Member

970 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    Absolutely they fed off each others success. I wouldn't dispute that. The read/option basically just uses misdirection and confusion to freeze linebackers and safeties from flowing to the football. As RS noted, it's a gimmick offense, but it's certainly effective when you have a QB with Griffin's skillset. Even more effective when the opposing teams' starting ILBs are on IR and they're playing scrubs off the street. It's just not sustainable, because you're going to get your QB killed running it, as we've seen with RG3's injuries.

I would refine my earlier post, that we look at RG3 within the vacuum of a pure passer, which is what RS was discussing originally in the first page of the thread. His passes are almost all play action, playing off an incredibly good running game, which make pretty much anyone look good. I think Washington's percentage of passing plays that were play action was around 80% this year. Insanely high. Again, effective and efficient, but doesn't necessarily show off the intrinsic passing proficiency of your QB. Personal opinion, of course.

RG3 has a bright future if he can get the injuries under control. I'm not looking forward to seeing him progress as a player. But nor is he god with a football like a lot of fans are proclaiming him to be.
  8. forever22

forever22 Member

369 Messages
    0 Likes Received

This is all that needs to be said...yet somehow some of our fans fail to realize this is why our team can't succeed

I really like Murray but his health is an issue. He's our Miles of RB's so far
  9. StarMan

StarMan Well-Known Member

1,028 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    LMAO... the guys on NFL Network can't make excuses for RG3 fast enough.
  10. alecweezy

alecweezy Member

103 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Some of you guys seriously come off as sore losers. The NFL is changing, more mobile QBs are taking over. Don't use that to take anything away from RG3.
  11. gmb85

gmb85 Active Member

1,486 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Romo is overrated

/ducks. Lmao
  12. forever22

forever22 Member

369 Messages
    0 Likes Received

There is a difference between mobile and a running QB. Even RB's don't last long and they are built bigger. They should use it as a luxury, not a necessity
  13. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,770 Messages
    5,931 Likes Received
    I know some Green Bay Packer fans. I never fail to bring up the name Tony Mandarich in conversation.
  14. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,603 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  15. Manwiththeplan

5,188 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    The OP said can't. I quoted you because I agreed with what you were saying and wanted to point out how your opinion was different from his.
  16. Manwiththeplan

5,188 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    Tim Tebow comes to mind. But he's also better than Tebow because despite the similarities in play calling, he has the tools and occasionally uses them in the way a traditional QB does.
  17. tyke1doe

20,603 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    Yep, they sound like Romo fans after a Cowboys loss. ;)
  18. tyke1doe

20,603 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    Quarterback misery loves company. :laugh2:
  19. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,156 Messages
    1,932 Likes Received
    Zing!
  20. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Well-Known Member

1,011 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Vs. Dallas - 19-27, 304 yards, 4 TD and 1 INT.

vs. Saints - 19-26, 320 yards, 2 TD AND 0 INT.

vs. Bucs - 26-35, 323 yards, 0 TD and 0 INT.

vs. Giants - 20-28, 258 yards, 2 TD and 1 INT.

Vs. Eagles - 14-15, 200 yards, 4 TD and 0 INT.

I would go on, but you obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about so I'll just stop here...