1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rg3 most overrated player I've ever seen...

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Pessimist_cowboy, Jan 6, 2013.

1. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

968 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    How dare you bring facts to this discussion?!?!?! Get out!!!! :laugh2:
  2. NIBGoldenchild

968 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Clearly. You've only watched him tonight, throwing off one leg. He has the second best completion percentage of all rookie quarterbacks in NFL history. Whoops! :eek:
  3. NIBGoldenchild

968 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Does a quarterback use his legs to throw a pass?
  4. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

634 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    You forgot one

vs. Seahawks 10-19, 84 yards, 2 TD and 1 INT and one lost career due to having little girl knees.
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,461 Messages
    6,551 Likes Received
    Lame excuse.

If your knee's well enough to run around, you can plant and throw too. If he couldn't, he wouldn't have been on the field.

He'll either develop pro skills or you'll be spending a lot of Sundays ripping off your feathers in frustration.
  6. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,241 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    RG3 shouldn't have been out there after halftime. He simply couldn't get the job done.

I am very happy with his season and he is going to have to figure out how to take care of his body better on scrambles going forward.
  7. NIBGoldenchild

968 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Or you could just answer the question. There is nothing lame about facts. The only thing lame here is you avoiding the truth.

Limping on a knee brace is not being well enough to run around. When your throwing mechanics completely change after an injury, that's going to affect how effective you are. Jaws said it tonight on Sportscenter, YOU THROW WITH YOUR LEGS. Trying to plant on a bad leg hurts your accuracy and your distance on your ball.

Find me a bad game pre-injury, you can't. You're cherry-picking games where he clearly shouldn't have been playing and PRETENDING like he was healthy enough to go to prove a point that you've been proven wrong on previously for months.

He already has pro skills, you know it and I know it, but this is your defense mechanism for dealing with pain. My only concern is how bad his knee is, you're the one concerned about dealing with him in the future.
  8. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,137 Messages
    510 Likes Received

POWNED!!!! :laugh2:
  9. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,921 Messages
    472 Likes Received
    Not trying to get off topic but Romo hasn't been here for 11 years! He came in for Bledsoe in week 7 against the Giants in 2006. So he's only been our starter for 6.5 seasons, just saying :D

Edit:
    Ok he was signed in 2003 so he's been on the roster for 9 years but has only played for 6.5 years.
  10. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,137 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,433 Messages
    1,903 Likes Received
    I like RG3, just hope you defended Romo in the second half vs the Skins while playing with busted ribs
  12. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...............but it's all over twitter right now that your 'savior' tore his ACL....better hope it's a vicious rumor or he might not start the season next year:(
  13. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,241 Messages
    34 Likes Received

Risen Star has made it his personal mission to think the NFL is staying in the 1990s with 7 step drop passing systems that require pre snap reads which is why he loves Rex Grossman Jr (Andrew Luck)

He doesn't have the analytical skills to see where the NFL is headed with the pistol formation and read option and how it puts defenses into conflict.

Russell Wilson won today on the strength of some big runs and Marshawn Lynch.

RG3 threw 2 TD passes, both on "stick throws" in the red zone.

Andrew Luck led his team to 3 FG's and once again threw a crippling INT (and should have been picked off 2 more times)
  14. NIBGoldenchild

968 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I haven't checked twitter in a couple of hours. If it's true, Shanahan needs to own his mistake of playing him injured, and lying to everyone that he was ready to go. Was he like, expecting to win the Superbowl this year? I'm confused on why he thought risking further injury to the franchise quarterback was a great idea.
  15. NIBGoldenchild

968 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I agree 100%. Especially about Luck, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed dropped gifts from Luck.
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,433 Messages
    1,903 Likes Received
    You kind of permenantly discredited yourself by saying Andrew Luck is Rex Grossman Jr.

You can't be serious

You should erase that before someone else sees it
  17. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

685 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    RG3 is good. He is better than Vick imo. But I still would put Luck ahead of him.
  18. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,655 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Go back and read some of his posts. He's been using that same line for weeks. It's kinda stupid if you ask me.
  19. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....he will face SERIOUS heat in DC this week for it too: but in all candor, I hope to heck the kid is OK......of COURSE he's going to say I'm ok coach: he's a competitor. Shanny should've known better, but only thing to do now is wait for the MRI and hope he's OK. THAT'S the bad news: the good news is Kirk Cousins is an OUTSTANDING kid, backup and option to start the season if need be. I'd be totally confident he can hold the line if it comes to that.
  20. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    I have not read the whole thread, but the amout of hero worship for RG3 is crazy. He is a good young QB, but many here thinks he walks on water. I know Redskins fans have to enjoy reading the love and admiration coming from from our fanbase.