1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rg3 most overrated player I've ever seen...

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Pessimist_cowboy, Jan 6, 2013.

1. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,243 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    With the boneheaded INTs I saw Luck throw this year, absolutley.

He has incredible skills, but his arm strength is average and he tries to force the ball. There is a reason Wilson and RG3 combined for 8 fewer INT's then Luck.

Luck is playing in an antquated system that either a) asks him to force the ball downfield or b) he is not nearly as smart as I thought he was when I saw him play in college and he can't adjust to the fact that his run game doesn't provide him a wide open Fleener 20 yards behind safeties anymore off a play action pass. He was playing behind an NFL line the last 2 seasons at Stanford.

Thats what happened to Grossman. Great college QB in a gimmick college offense which gave him wide open WRs. In the NFL he had some success but he simply couldn't adjust to no longer have guys running wide open like he did at UF.

Luck, thanks to a dominant dominant run game at Stanford (which was hardly "pro style" except in formations) was throwing to TE's who were 25 yards behind safeties.
  2. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

997 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Exactly! You can't trust what the player tells you. He could have his leg facing the wrong direction and he'll tell you he's ready to go. And I bet if Mike told him," I know you think you can do it, but I think Kirk is going to be able to finish what you started today." Griffin would've accepted it because its the right decision for the team.

I guess what really pisses me off is that if this MRI comes back positive for a ligament tear, Griffin will be losing valuable off-season time in improving his weaknesses because he'll be rehabbing. A veteran getting this injury isn't that big a deal, it's a huge problem for a rookie who's offseason should be full of film study and drills.
  3. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,080 Messages
    460 Likes Received
    ***... The guy was hurt, playing on one leg, stop with the nonsense.
  4. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,085 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    So Russell Wilson and RG3 have convinced you that the NFL is moving more towards that type of QB? You're crazy if you think that will be the norm in the NFL anytime soon. For starters, Cam Newton's and RG3's don't grow on trees. It will be a while before we see another players with the physical skill set these 2 possess (please don't say Logan Thomas).

Then on top of that, QBs won't have long term success playing a read option because the defensive players in the NFL are too big and too fast. Guys like RG3 and Vick can make guys miss, but can only take so many hits. Guys like Cam Newton are gonna get hit too often because while he's big enough to take the beating, he's not quick enough to avoid the big hits.

So I'll believe the NFL is headed where you think it is when we get a guys coming out of college with Cam Newton's size, Michael Vick's Arm strength, speed, quickness and RG3's accuracy.

If the redskins continue using RG3 in a read option system, he'll eventually suffer a major injury and I don't know how you can believe other wise just by watching his rookie season. Bruised ribs he played through against Cincy, 1 Concussion that caused him to miss a half against atlanta, 1 minor knee injury that caused him to miss one and a half games and a re aggrevation of that same knee today.

I do think he'll be successfull, but the read option will need to be reduced to a play here and there, if at all.
  5. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,080 Messages
    460 Likes Received
    Romo's phantom rib injury has yet to be confirmed...
  6. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

841 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    This should have been an easy win after up 14-0 in the first quarter.
  7. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

841 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Cold hard truth...we *****ed them in Seattle WITH Grossman.

Today was a regression.
  8. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,705 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    RGIII shouldnt have played against us, or even today, it was very clear he couldnt even run on that knee, all we heard was the brace was to big or too heavy, limiting him to run, everyone could see the limp. i hope its not torn, but who knows maybe it was torn when it originally happened, that was a bad shot he took.
  9. CowboyChris

2,705 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    beating them in Seattle had nothing to do with today, you guys had your chances at 14-0 with them, I would blame Shanny on this, if it was up to me RGIII wouldnt have seen the field today or last week.
  10. Manwiththeplan

5,085 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    this makes no sense, seattle is a much better team this year than last, so losing this year is not a regression.
  11. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I cringed when I saw his knee bend the wrong way! I will be very surprised if he doesn't need surgery. His leg looks BAD!
  12. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Truth be told, I would still take Luck over RGIII. At the same time, these notions about Griffin being exposed the past two weeks are in the very least premature if not flat out absurd. He is clearly not the same guy I watched play the first 13 weeks. Dude is playing on one good wheel. If you can't see that you are being incredibly stubborn, or incredibly naive.
  13. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

997 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    That was last year. They're a different team now. This isn't a regression because we finished 10-6 and not 5-11 or worse. But I do agree, we shouldn't have lost with a 14-0 lead.
  14. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Steve Young said the way RG3 plays is not sustainable. It's only his first year and he is already beat up badly. He's going to end up like Mike Vick!
  15. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

841 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    This. RGIII even said himself it was the brace causing his limp...but I was skeptical until today.
  16. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

841 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Seattle: Tavaris Jackson for Russell Wilson

Washington: Rex Grossman and Roy Helu for RGIII and Robert Morris

On paper...beating them at Seattle last year should have guaranteed a comfortable win this year.
  17. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

841 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Don't know about that...but for a guy with a 3.6 GPA that graduated college in 3 years...he should have been more honest about his limitations after the hit from Ngata.
  18. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

841 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Who would you blame for failing to execute the kill on a rookie 3rd round draft QB at home then?
  19. CowboyChris

2,705 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    actually your coaches lost you this game

a) RGIII shouldnt have played today, i wouldve started Cousins

b) You guys shouldve stuck with the run alot more.
  20. Manwiththeplan

5,085 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    this is about the most ignorant thing I've read. you can't just look at the win last year in a vacum without considering injuries, improvements of younger players, and several other factors and assume a comfortable win.

the 11-5 vs 10-6 is far more relevant.