1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: RG3 reminds us that Romo just doesn't have it

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Wood, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,786 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    I am not even going to sit here and bash RG3 because he 'doesn't' play for cowboys. He is as dynamic of QB I have seen in very long time. Dallas needs to focus on being better in other areas. Not sure Murray is long term solution as Morris looked oddles better. I am even thinking Dallas might need to implement west coast variation and go with shorter throws to eat up clock and keep RG3 off field. I would expand Hannah playing time.
  2. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,596 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    you forgot about having a HC that can effectively manage games and an OC that can prepare for incessant blitzing with shorter, quicker routes, and quick ball releases
  3. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Actually, his best year when considering TD to Int ratio was last year. 31 TDs to 10 interceptions. We still managed to go... 8-8.
  4. Thomas82

Thomas82 Active Member

1,221 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    That definitely puts it in perspective.
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,750 Messages
    10,044 Likes Received
    That does nothing to discredit my point on why this thread's premise is flawed.

Romo can't win like that because he doesn't have the supporting cast. Griffin can because he does.

So Griffin didn't remind us about anything concerning Romo. He was carried to the win by his teammates.
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,750 Messages
    10,044 Likes Received
    Yes. I want to keep Griffin off the field more. Otherwise he's liable to throw for 125 yards on a 50% completion percentage.
  7. Skinsradiosucks

Skinsradiosucks Member

219 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree but I believe the point some were trying to make was missed. If the Cowboys defense played to the par the Skins defense played, RG3 would have most likely turned the ball over on one of his many off the mark throws. The difference between the two QBs? Romo has to be perfect to insure success for his team, RG3 has the luxury of putting up dreadful numbers and his team can still easily win football games. Its not a gripe, its reality and kudos to your coaching staff for structuring it that way. I do, however, get tired of the praise being heaped upon a man that did next to nothing to win the game last night aside from handing the ball to the RB and Morris not getting the credit of handling 90% of that gameplan.
  8. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,146 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    I have no issues with RGIII, I think he's a very well grounded kid. I just do not see this superstar QB that a lot of the press is seeing. Will be very interesting following his career, but next year coordinators will be ready...He better be at the top of his passing game, last night he sure was not.

Morris I am not that impressed with, to me he seems slow and really has to gear it down to make cuts. Maybe the Hogs have a better OL, I think Murray is the better back + he is most definitely better as a receiver...Murray just needs to stay healthy and run behing a better OL.
  9. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,250 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    It wasn't like the Cowboy DB's were dropping INT's. RG3 had 2 big drops by his WRs.

I would love if Griffin put up passing numbers like he did on Thanksgiving every week. That would be fantastic. Luckily though Mike Shanahan believes in building a complete team and its clear that the Redskins do not need a Thanksgiving performance out of RG3 every week to win.

I think Morris got lots of credit today, certainly in the DC area. Its exciting to me to win in the fashion we did last night, a good old fashion run the ball down your throats and try and stop us type way. 1980s football. Loved it
  10. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Romo actually had at least two more passes that could/should have been picked
  11. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,142 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Romo is a choke artist bottom line...
  12. WilmingtonHeel

WilmingtonHeel Member

910 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bottom line is who will replace him with?.....................................
  13. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,692 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    Someone who isn't.
  14. BigDPlayer

BigDPlayer Active Member

538 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Amen!
  15. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,976 Messages
    472 Likes Received
    We even have a decent supporting cast of skill players. They just have nowhere to run. The pass blocking though, just exceptional! :eek::
  16. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,976 Messages
    472 Likes Received
    The thing is, Griffin doesn't even have to be put in a position to choke.
  17. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,409 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Andrew Luck did more with less
  18. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

1,558 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    It should be pointed out that Dallas faced the 5th most difficult schedule (combined record of our opponents this season: 134-122, .523 winning %), while Indy played the 3rd weakest schedule (113-143, .441 winning %).

http://nfltraderumors.co/2012-nfl-strength-of-schedule/
  19. WVSkinsfan

WVSkinsfan Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The only reason RG3 only threw 18 times was b/c Dallas could'nt stop the running game at all.Why start passing the ball when the running game is working to perfection? RG3 did'nt have a bad game at all!! Dallas could'nt stop the run which means he did'nt have to pass.He had a great game thanksgiving day passing the ball with Morris's great running attack so it shows everybody this team can succeed by running the ball with morris or passing the ball with RG3 and his running ability also makes a huge impact on a game..
  20. WVSkinsfan

WVSkinsfan Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Indy's schedule is rediculous and thats the main reason why manning will forever be known as a choker b/c of the easy schedule he got to face every season.Then come playoff time he laid a egg.