1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RG3 wins Rookie of the year

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by 5Stars, Feb 2, 2013.

1. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,723 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    RG3 won it.

Congrats, Redskins.
  2. JDSTAR

JDSTAR Active Member

218 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I disagree, but I'm a bit biased.
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Luck got robbed. Heck RGIII was not even the best rookie non his own team.
  4. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I would have voted for Luck . . . . but it will be interesting to see how Luck's and RGIII's respective careers progress.
  5. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,701 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    Well said!
  6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    I think it should have gone to Wilson but likely would have gone to RG3 if he had remained healthy. Combined with his strong start, I can see why he got it but Wilson played tougher opponents, stepped his game up big time and ultimately went further.
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,641 Messages
    5,551 Likes Received
    He was 3rd on my list.
  8. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,195 Messages
    2,792 Likes Received
    Should've been Luck, then Wilson, then Morris and then Griffin.

So many Redskins fans and they're so fanatical about Griffin (almost to a clinical psychological issue level) that they just voted over and over and over until he won when he wasn't even the best rookie on his team.

Redskin fans were plain desperate for him to win that award. It is entertaining really, looking from the outside in.
  9. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,701 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    Bob's career is gonna be breif unfortunately. Two major knee reconstruction surgeries on the same knee within a 4yr span, that isn't good at all. I bet that knee goes out again on him in the near future. I'm not wishing bad luck on the guy, I just think that's too much on one knee.
  10. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,528 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Wilson should have won it IMO.
  11. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    I would have understood Wilson but remember the vote was at the end of the regular season when Griffin had just led the Skins to the their first division title in 14 years. As for Morris being better, history is on Shanahans side of finding 6th round steals. I hope he is the next Terrell but Griffins abilities certainly took some of the defenses focus off him.

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android
  12. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,906 Messages
    1,372 Likes Received

And likewise Morris took a ton of pressure and focus off of RG3 because they couldn't forget that Morris could run the hell out of the ball.
  13. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    That's my take on his career as well.

Like you, I'm not wishing ill on the player.
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,595 Messages
    9,789 Likes Received
    Agreed. He wouldn't have been in my top 5 rookies this year. A horrible decision. It's a product of media hype.
  15. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    True, but there are mic'd up moments like Jared Allens flabbergast at how to handle Griffin, and his 76 yd jaunt for the winning score.

I know its a Cowboys board, and that Griffin most probably not have the longest NFL career, but this year, what he did for the skins franchise, gave him the edge. All 3 QBs had some areas of stats that were, in a normal year, locks for the award. Griffin was the only one though that led his team to their 1st division title in 10+ years and revitalized a franchise that you all know has long been the doormat in the division.

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android
  16. Risen Star

22,595 Messages
    9,789 Likes Received
    Oh, you mean when he was throwing for 100 yards on a 50% completion percentage? That season defining game?

No. Not the playoff game. The week before too.
  17. Risen Star

22,595 Messages
    9,789 Likes Received
    Yeah. Morris was actually relevant into winning the game. Griffin was carried there in probably the worst QB performance in the league this year. Only his playoff performance rivals it.
  18. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,157 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Luck was absolutely robbed. He had less to work with than the other 2. And Wilson had that nasty D. Give Luck that Seahawk squad and there's no doubt they'd be in the SB or at least the NFCC

We'll laugh at this voting result when it's all said and done...
  19. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,036 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    luck has to be upset, got out done by this kid for the Heisman and now rookie of the year
  20. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,335 Messages
    277 Likes Received
    Of course...RG3 was great for the NFL this year. This is his time. But Russell Wilson will be the real winner from this group. Luck is the most talented, RG3 is the flashiest and most marketable, Wilson just wins