1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RG3 wins Rookie of the year

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by 5Stars, Feb 2, 2013.

1. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,127 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    I love the way RG3 runs around. He is exciting when he does that and I love that Shanny lets him do that. I hope he does it more this coming season.

;)
  2. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,636 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    I didn't say that I had a beef, I just said I was waiting for that type of post. He's entitled to say or post whatever he wishs. I just knew it was coming, not particularly from him but somebody on this board. Oh, and no I wouldn't want Bob on our team. I like Romo a lot. So, what's your beef?
  3. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,728 Messages
    1,348 Likes Received
    He won rookie of the year the day he was drafted.
  4. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,728 Messages
    1,348 Likes Received
    I always enjoy a post where the writer understands and uses the nuances of the English language to convey thought.

This was a pleasure to read, and I concur completely with your position.
  5. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,253 Messages
    755 Likes Received
    I just like it when they don't spell ecstatic with an x
  6. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Member

266 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Wilson, Morris, Griffin, then Luck. IMO.
  7. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Active Member

986 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    :signmast:
  8. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Active Member

965 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    My only problem with "Bob" is that he grew up in Texas-a stinking BRONCOS fan!!!!
    I hope the rest of the NFC was taking notes as to how the Ravens were defending Pumpernickel or whatever his name is. MIND THE GAP!!!
  9. AbeBeta

25,253 Messages
    755 Likes Received
    He had 300 yards passing and 62 yards rushing - they didn't exactly shut him down
  10. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,336 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    The real question is will RG3 be defiant as seen earlier this year with reference to absorbing these types of hits in the open field?

I personally do NOT think RG3 will change his approach regardless of his injury and this will in turn lead to the eventual rise of Cousins on the depth chart if not remedied either by coaching intervention or by RG3 in terms of maturation process.

If RG3 does adjust, it will be interesting to see how this will effect his play overall.
  11. CitySlicker202

CitySlicker202 Member

92 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    LoL @ this board finding ways to discredit RG3's Rookie of Year season. He was a major part in helping save the Redskins season going from 3-6 to winning SEVEN consecutive games to finish 10-6 with NFC East Title.

The 7-Game win streak featured the defeat of last year's champion Giants and this year's champion Ravens. We also swept Dallas who were contending for a playoff and division title (that's FOUR quality wins in a 7 week stretch).

Bottom line is, RG3 was the ONLY rookie QB to qualify for the post season WITH a Division Title (I'd like to see any of you try to undercut that accomplishment). I also see some of you anticipating/hoping for a short career from RG3......I bet you would wish that for the sake of your own franchise. Stay class Cowboy fans. Stay classy!
  12. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,648 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Don't forget Wilson in Seattle. This guy is going to as good as Luck, and better than RGIII, in my opinion.
  13. 5Stars

26,127 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    I have not watched Luck much, but, yeah, I think Wilson is going to have a better career than RG 2-1/2. And....he did not cost 3 first round draft picks!

:laugh2:
  14. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I don't actually wish for him to have a short career. I think he's a good guy.

But his body build reminds me of Vick in many ways. He's thin and lean. Maybe even leaner than Vick in the legs. I just think his style of play isn't going to work out long-term, especially given his knee injuries.

But that's just my opinion.
  15. AbeBeta

25,253 Messages
    755 Likes Received
    The one major advantage he has on Vick is throwing accuracy. That's huge. Both guys have major cannon arms, but RGIII with a 65% completion rate has already topped Vick's best year (62%). He also topped all but one of Vick's passing yard seasons. He looks like he's got much more upside as a passer.
  16. 5Stars

26,127 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    RG 2-1/2 does not own any dogs, does he? :confused: :eek:
  17. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,336 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    This post is an example of the quintessential unbiased Redskin fan, a truly critical and honest reflection of the accomplishments of RG3 and the Redskins Football team!..........:D
  18. 5Stars

26,127 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    That's good for the Redskins. But, now, they are going to have to find some scrubs to help RG2-1/2 out. They don't have 3 draft rounders for awhile.

If he wins the SB in a year or two...maybe he was worth it. He's good, but he's not 3 firsts for.
  19. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,389 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    2 firsts and a second. A first for a first is not even relevant.

You of all people should understand this by now.

And there's plenty of room to make things happen.
  20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,476 Messages
    6,576 Likes Received
    So does this mean when you use your original 1st round pick on a player you didn't invest a 1st round pick on him?

He cost you three 1sts and a 2nd. You of all people should understand that.