1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RGIII or Andrew Luck

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Sam I Am, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,314 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    RGIII is flashy as hell, but if I were the Colts I would be damn happy that I took Luck over RGIII right now.

RGIII is playing awesome right now, but running around like he does, he is bound to have lots of injuries.

Andrew Luck, while not as flashy as RGIII, he is getting it done. He has something like 5 game winning drives in the 4th quarter or overtime. The guy can move in the pocket, has a rocket arm, and can thread the needle. Best of all, he isn't a running QB and therefore far safer than any running QB.
  2. EvilJerry88

EvilJerry88 Active Member

356 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Andrew Luck easily.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,417 Messages
    3,741 Likes Received
    I think both are very good felt that way before the draft. If I had to pick one I would go with Luck but RGIII has done a very good job.
  4. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Well-Known Member

1,010 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    RGIII is not a running QB.
  5. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,334 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    It's not even close IMO. There's a reason why they said Luck was the best QB prospect since Elway. He's big, he's strong, and he's athletic. RG3 is good too but Luck is just incredible.

Plus he is doing all of this without the best running game in the NFL, which is what RG3 has
  6. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,314 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    lol, yeah right. :lmao2: :lmao: He is averaging over 9 rushes a game!

RGII has 100 rushing attempts for 642 yards in 11 games. You have to go back five years to compile 100 rushing attempts for Tony Romo and he is a scrambling QB! :rolleyes:

RGIII is on pace to have more rushing attempts this season than Michael Vick EVER had in a single season by a wide margin. Vick's most rushing attempts in a season was 123. RGIII should break that in his 14th game. He is on pace for 144+ rushing attempts this season.

As I noted in my original post. Rushing QBs = an injured QB. Michael Vick has only played in 16 games during a since once in his entire career. That is one in a ten year career as a starter. Tony Romo has 5 in 8 years.
  7. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,902 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    RGIII is playing great right now but I said it from the beginning and it continues to be true now...I'd take Luck over him every single time. It's not even close, IMO.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,472 Messages
    2,366 Likes Received
    Both have been great.
    Certainly RG3 has protected the ball better and has a much better passer rating.

But Luck is maybe the best guy out of the draft since Elway. He wins this race, imo.
    The Colts struck gold.

I'm sure both teams are ecstatic.
  9. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Can't go wrong with either I guess.
  10. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,052 Messages
    2,964 Likes Received
    I've marveled at Luck for years as a PAC-12 homer. I have always thought he was going to win at least 1 Super Bowl. I like Griffin, but I do not think he ever will.

One is a technician, a pocket passer, and once in a decade kind of player.

The other is a weapon, but also the type who takes risks that lead to injuries that shorten his danger life.

I have always and will always prefer the guy who controls the game from the pocket. I squirm every time Romo runs, which is not often. I did when Roger took off too.
  11. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,386 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    Luck is one of the fastest quarterbacks in the league.

RG3 is better, so far, IMO.
  12. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,876 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    Where did you get those numbers? Romo never played QB during his first 3 seasons. He was the older, but that doesn't count when it says he played in all 16 games during the season. He has started at QB all 16 games three times in his career. I would consider 2006 as well since once he was named starter he didn't miss a game in 10 starts., so that makes 4 years. So far he looks like he will make it 5 years if he makes his final 4 starts in this his 10th season, 7th season as a starter.
  13. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,243 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    ESPN Insider had a very interesting take on it today

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/stor...-robert-griffin-iii-become-more-aaron-rodgers
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,501 Messages
    9,653 Likes Received
    I said it before the draft and I haven't seen anything to convince me otherwise. I'd trade two Griffins for Luck.
  15. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

776 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    I haven't watched a Colts game this season. Just highlights. Luck looks good.

But I have watched Redskins games 3 times and RG3 has been playing great. Even if Luck is said to be better, RG3 should be just a whisker behind.
  16. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,794 Messages
    1,669 Likes Received
    RGIII will get injured. Just a matter of time.
  17. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,518 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    RG3 is playing great. But Luck is the better qb before and after the draft. Credit to Briles for coaching up RG3 though.
  18. Risen Star

22,501 Messages
    9,653 Likes Received
    I don't think there's any comparison. It's Peyton Manning vs. Michael Vick.
  19. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,478 Messages
    2,068 Likes Received
    Like a lot have said, RGIII might come out of the gates faster but the horse to bet on is Luck in the long run.

We shall see how Robert (Cam) fares next season when defenses have time to figure him out.
  20. Risen Star

22,501 Messages
    9,653 Likes Received
    He hasn't even come out of the gate faster. Luck's a better QB today.