1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RGIII or Andrew Luck

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Sam I Am, Dec 3, 2012.

1. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

857 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    Luck has been ridiculously good. Easy choice.
  2. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,093 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    I never said he did come out faster (he didn't come out slow though), just what some though was going to happen.

Luck is the better QB today, but RGIII isn't that far behind but that gap will widen soon.
  3. Romo 2 Austin

Romo 2 Austin Draft Zone Supporter

11,727 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Luck. Both are already top 10 in the league.
  4. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,232 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    I don't see how except in terms of wins and that is a result of the Colts easy schedule.

Luck has thrown 4 times the INT's that RG3 has. Not 4 more. 4 TIMES as many

As my article posted above, statistically its not even close. RG3 has been dominant

Luck

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14874/andrew-luck

SEASON TEAM GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM QBR RAT
    IND
    12 279 503 55.5 3,596 7.15 17 60 16 9 71.6 76.1

RG3

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14875/robert-griffin-iii

SEASON TEAM GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM QBR RAT

WSH
    11 205 304 67.4 2,497 8.21 16 88 4 2 72.1 104.6

Give me the more accurate QB who takes care of the ball

5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,038 Messages
    4,200 Likes Received
    Luck's running a pro style, sophisticated offense.

Griffin's running a dumbed down gimmick offense that can't be sustained long term.

Luck's the real deal. Griffin is hype. Great athlete, not a great pro QB. Now maybe he develops over time but until I see that I chalk him up as Michael Vick the sequel.
  6. SkinsHokieFan

2,232 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Luck is outstanding, I love the kid. Not a knock on him, but RG3 has been flat out better.

A dumb offense doesn't do what this offense has done for 11 weeks which is balanced plays, big plays and time of possesion.

Luck has also played some incredibly bad teams.

Again, the "dumb offense" remakrs are silly to me because it is essentially the same offense that Tom Brady runs with a ZBS element

RG3's skillset is outstanding. His accuracy is uncanny. To not utilize his athletic ability would be negligent of the Redskins coaching staff.
  7. dexternjack

5,093 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    Both run different offenses and I think Luck is asked to do more than RGIII with a lot less talented team around him in Indy. Luck does have over 1,000 more yds than RGIII (tonight's game withstanding).

Romo has 15 ints, hope you don't think RGIII is better than him at this point too because of that stat.
  8. SkinsHokieFan

2,232 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Yea, at this point I think RG3 has lapped Romo. If you asked me to trade RG3 for Romo straight up I would laugh in your face. I am not sure how you can Luck is asked to do more then RG3. Are you in coaches meetings? Do you know the calls the Colts are making? A comment like that is silly.

INT's matter. Protecting the football matters as a QB. Or else you end up being Rex Grossman
  9. Risen Star

19,038 Messages
    4,200 Likes Received
    Sure you prefer Griffin. He's a Redskin. This isn't news.

Give me Luck any day. I don't even think it's close. I wouldn't want Griffin as my franchise QB. I haven't yet seen that kind of QB win. I have seen a laundry list of Lucks win.

There's a reason why there was no question whatsoever who the first overall pick was going to be in April.
  10. SkinsHokieFan

2,232 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    I love Andrew Luck also. Give me either. I saw Luck play live in the Orange Bowl. He is going to be a star.

You still haven't given me any reason besides the "college offense" garbage which you quite honestly have no clue about or else you'd be in the NFL and not debating me on a message board. We have no idea what calls the Colts make or how they have tailored that offense.

You want me to take a guy who has thrown 4 times the INTs my guy has and has been less accurate? Please.

You want to give me the short ball argument? Apply it to Manning and Brady

11. Risen Star

19,038 Messages
    4,200 Likes Received
    I told you the reason. You just won't accept it. Andrew Luck is a vastly superior pro QB. He has all the skill set to excel running a pro offense. Robert Griffin is an athlete running a college style offense and making some highlight plays.

Luck is Peyton Manning. Griffin is Michael Vick. That's just the way I see it.
  12. dexternjack

5,093 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    It is pretty obvious to the naked eye Luck's offense is more complex. I don't need 20 years in coaching to see that.

If you really believe RGIII is better than Romo, then you have no place to question my opinions. The ONLY reason you or most Redskin fans would turn that trade down is because of age, there are no other reasons to do so.
  13. SkinsHokieFan

2,232 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    That is false. Thats my point. Vick has nowhere near the accuracy of RG3. Its not even worth discussing that.

RG3 can make all the throws from the pocket. The fact that he has athletic ability makes him that much more dangerous.

You haven't demonstrated to me through any objective measure that Luck is vastly superior. I have demonstrated through objectives measures how superior RG3 has been thus far
  14. SkinsHokieFan

2,232 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Its not even a question to me anymore about RG3 vs Romo, age wise or other wise.

RG3 has a better more accurate arm and protects the football better. Same size, better athletic ability.

You remember that Aldrick Robinson TD on thanksgiving? Thats the result of a complex offense which again you have no way knowing unless you are in the business
  15. Risen Star

19,038 Messages
    4,200 Likes Received
    You haven't demonstrated anything. You just think you have. You regurgitated stats. Yet completely ignored the offenses they run. The high completion percentage doesn't impress me with the easy throws he's asked to make. Making stick throws down the field between two defenders like Luck has to do, does. That's not to say Griffin hasn't made those throws, but that's not the design of his offense like it is with Luck.

Luck is a pro QB playing a pro offense that can and will be sustained going forward. He'll just get better and better from here.

Griffin is an athlete playing a college gimmick offense by a head coach that knows he needs to spoon feed him slowly to avoid a debacle. That can not be sustained. He's going to have to develop into a big boy pro QB down the road or he'll be another Michael Vick. Nice highlights. Can't win with him.

Again, there is a reason why Luck was the hands down no brainer 1st overall draft pick and if there was a do-over, no GM in football wouldn't make the same pick.

He's just a superior player than your QB. Get over it.
  16. Risen Star

19,038 Messages
    4,200 Likes Received
    Pick any NFL writer you want. Ask him about the offenses Luck and Griffin run and the differences between the two. You'll get the truth.

You're dealing with a Redskins fan desperately trying to get love for his hyped phenom. I think the Colts fans are quite content just having the actual better QB.

You will look back at these conversations in 10 years and laugh at how ridiculous it was.
  17. SkinsHokieFan

2,232 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    As are Manning and Brady and Flacco and Ryan. You seem to ignore this

Brady is running spread pass concepts at this point. 3-4 wide, short wide and pistol concepts.

False. RG3 has far superior passing skills then Vick. That comparison is silly.

Terrible argument. You still haven't demonstrated it to any degree whatsoever besides the "pro style offense" canard which has led to 4 times as INTs against an easier schedule.
  18. dexternjack

5,093 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    Yea, I am done arguing. No reason to raise the BP tonight :)
  19. Risen Star

19,038 Messages
    4,200 Likes Received
    Just talking with them makes me want to gag.

Sit tight. Enjoy their frustrations over the years when he doesn't amount to the hype.
  20. SkinsHokieFan

2,232 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    I certainly will. Luck will be great. RG3 a generational superstar.

Please find me any article right now that proves what you are stating. I have an article which you ignore because it doesn't fit your narrative. Certainly you would point to something in the PFF article that is wrong. But you can't because the facts don't fit your narrative. Your opinion is contrary to fact, which is why you go with the "pro style offense canard" which you can't even prove objectively. I am open to discussion about the offenses.

I am sure your level of understanding is far superior you would refute this

The problem is you can't because you don't know what you are talking about. You seem to equate RG3 to Vick which demonstrates your lack of understanding of the QB position. If you can't provide some objective facts, go sit in the corner and come back when you have big boy stuff. I'll watch RG3 torch your secondary for the next 15 years