1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RGIII or Andrew Luck

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Sam I Am, Dec 3, 2012.

1. rdskn4eva

rdskn4eva Member

90 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I didnt realize that Vick was an accurate passer. Where have I've been?
  2. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,657 Messages
    2,360 Likes Received
    Yeah, the Vick-to-RG3 comparisons are absurd. They're both black and fast, and that's about as far as it goes. RG3 is a much better passer and his mind and work ethic are 1000x better.
  3. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

964 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    That's just the way it is....in your mind, which isn't reality.

I've watched Luck's games, not all, but enough, have you? He's thrown some great clutch passes, and some horrible interceptions. He's thrown horrible passes that I've never seen Griffin throw. I have confidence he'll correct that in time, but right now Griffin protects that ball better than Luck and scores more than Luck.

Is it possible you prefer Luck over Griffin because you don't have to deal with Luck twice a year?
  4. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,988 Messages
    693 Likes Received
  5. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,241 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Its a flat out lazy and racist comparison. Its that simple
  6. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,066 Messages
    771 Likes Received
    Andrew Luck, and it was an easy decision. QB's like Luck dominate and win championships. QB's like RGIII are exciting and great fun to watch, but in the final analysis it is their passing ability that will determine their level of success, IMO.
  7. NIBGoldenchild

964 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    You're such a hater, That is pure speculation. So I take it you were there after they drafted Griffin, showed him last year's offense, and realized he couldn't what...comprehend it? Please, tell us more of your fairytales.
  8. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,657 Messages
    2,360 Likes Received
    The guy RG3 really reminds me of is Steve Young. Only Griffin probably has even better leadership qualities.
  9. NIBGoldenchild

964 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    SkinsHokiefan,

He can't offer facts when he's made up everything he's stated so far. The only facts he has offered is that Michael Vick has not been a good QB. Which doesn't bother me, Griffin and Vick are two different people. Vick isn't accurate, Vick can't read defenses, Vick folds under pressure, Vick turns the ball over constantly. Aside from them being two blacks guys who can run fast, there are no similarities for anyone not looking through blue and silver glasses
  10. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,066 Messages
    771 Likes Received
    I really hope that turns out not to be true. Another Vince would be an order of magnitude better for the Cowboys than another Steve.
  11. rdskn4eva

rdskn4eva Member

90 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    RG3 is a pocket passer at heart. There are many times when he can just take off and run, but he hangs in the pocket looking to pass.
  12. NIBGoldenchild

964 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I find it interesting that when Griffin's stats are compared to Luck's, pro-Luck arguments immediately mention how he'll get better in time and he'll be an all-pro for the next decade. Which I don't disagree with at all, yet these same "objective" people offer zero consideration for Griffin getting better with experience. Instead of suggesting he could possibly develop like Steve Young, we get him becoming punch drunk like Vick.

I find it very hard to believe that a guy with Griffin's work ethic, won't be able to stay ahead of the game...adapt, adjust and improve over the offseason as defensive coordinators formulate schemes to counter the more successful plays of this offense.
  13. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,756 Messages
    672 Likes Received
    RGIII is playing great right now and I don't know if he will play like that for good or not, time will tell there for sure, but I believe Luck is simply the better QB.

Now and through the entire future.
  14. WVSkinsfan

WVSkinsfan Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Guys I have been wondering the whole season not about who is better but what if Luck had the skins schedule and griffen had the colts schedule.Im sure you will agree with me that the nfc east is alot better devision than the afc south right?

Luck is a good qb right now and will probably be great but thats yet to be determined.The oponents that luck has to face this year are not that good and all the teams in his division is absolutely terrible but one.So with his easy schedule every year he will definetly be better. Now if you put luck the skins schedule this year with all the nfc teams twice and nfc south I honestly don't know if he would have griffens numbers right now 17 tds and 4 ints.Now maybe he would but what im trying to say is that you will never find out what the true answer to this question is on this topic.two different qbs and two different roads with griffins road being alot tougher and rougher.thats just my opinion
  15. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,393 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    Oh settle down you child.
  16. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,439 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    it is hilarious to read Skins fans posts; their idea of reality really does belong in Washington
  17. Aikbach

Aikbach Active Member

9,624 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    They'll both be the two best quarterbacks in football for the next six or seven years, they're different in style, but anyone attempting to pretend rg3 is Vick is offensively ignorant, displaying more than a football prejudice but character deficiency in their self as well, shame on the parties in question and we know who they are.

The steve young comparison is most accurate, I don't know if either of these guys will ever win a super bowl though, the excellence of rg3 isnt going to receive much help in the draft in the coming years and so despite his personal brilliance the team might experience overall arrested development.

The colts have better odds of improving in the draft quicker but the afc is once more the lesser conference and luck could well end up like a Jim Kelly or dan Marino , a great one that never won it all
  18. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,227 Messages
    1,445 Likes Received
    You can't go wrong but if I had to pick I would go with RG3.

He is a special special player. A once in a lifetime player. He's the best QB that happens to be a crazy athlete that i've ever seen.
  19. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With four games to go last year the Skins were 4-8, now they are 6-6. The Colts were 0-12 and now they are 8-4. Washington's total offense has risen from 336 ypg to 383 ypg while Indy's has gone from 286 ypg to 392 ypg.

While I think both a great players, Luck has brought his team back from the bowels of the NFL in just one year to make them a playoff competitor. Luck means more to his team than RG3 does.
  20. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,393 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    Are Brees, Manning x2, Brady, and Rodgers just retiring at the end of the season?