1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RGIII or Andrew Luck

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Sam I Am, Dec 3, 2012.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,298 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    Just put out the AdamJT signal and he will somehow supply those numbers for you. I don't know where he finds them, but he probably has access to them.
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,853 Messages
    1,626 Likes Received
    Both Texas High School QBs.
    :star:
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,014 Messages
    1,580 Likes Received
    True but Washington does a good job of running the ball, hitting the short passes to get the defense to come up, then Washington will take the shot down field. You don't need to throw a lot of deep passes you just need to complete the few you throw.
  4. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,515 Messages
    547 Likes Received
    I really don't get the Vick or Culpepper comparisons folks. I just don't.

I think this kid has already played better than either of them ever did as a QB. Maybe that's just me.
  5. joseephuss

20,298 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    Griffin is 11 of 25 on passes over 20 yards downfield for 44%. Brady is 15 of 46 on passes over 20 yards downfield for 32%.

Of Griffin's 218 completions, 11 were of 20 yards or longer, which is 5.0%. Of Brady's 298 completions, 15 were of 20 yards or longer, which is 5.0%.

Brady's 46 attempts of 20 yards or longer over 460 pass attempts is 10.0%. Griffin's 25 attempts of 20 yards or longer over 325 pass attempts is 7.7%.
  6. joseephuss

20,298 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    I mostly agree although Culpepper had a truly great season in 2004. It was the 7th best single season as far as passer rating(110.9). He lit it up that year. He also had a couple of other very good years, but I do think Griffin seems much more mature and open to improving. There is no comparison when it comes to Vick who just wasn't a good passer.
  7. rdskn4eva

rdskn4eva Member

90 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Yea people comparing RG3 to Vick are just being lazy.
  8. Aikbach

Aikbach Active Member

9,608 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    This is because you live in reality.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,851 Messages
    5,420 Likes Received
    If you think that, I can only assume you didn't watch Culpepper in Minnesota when he had that great offense.

Griffin hasn't had anywhere near the year. He's hyped more. I'll give you that.
  10. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

955 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    It's not just you, it's you and everyone else that doesn't get personal gratification in championing Luck over your rival's franchise QB on a message board.

I find it so very interesting there is so much "analysis" being paid to Griffin's stats, but these same posters have stated very little about Luck's. I guess his 21 turnovers and sub-60% completion percentage aren't an easy sell for their argument. Oh wait, we can just say he's "asked to do more, therefore, it's fine that he performs worse." :rolleyes:
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,851 Messages
    5,420 Likes Received
    Dude, I wasn't lying. He runs a very dumbed down, simplified offense. The head coach knows he didn't get Andrew Luck. He's got to spoon feed the inferior Griffin. Let him use his athletic ability, ala Michael Vick, to make up for a clear underdeveloped pro skill set.

I'm sure if you asked Rat Face if the offense he's running right now is the offense he intends to run 2 years from now he'd tell you no. It's obvious to anyone without a pig snout on their nose or Baylor blood in their veins.

He can't just be an athletic phenom who may develop into a great QB to his supporters. Nope. He's got to be Andrew Luck. A clearly better player and prospect. Uh, no. Not by a long shot.
  12. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

955 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    :eek: Blasphemy!!!!!!
  13. Naes

Naes New Member

60 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why are you surprised at that? Look at the percentages of every top QB in the game and you'll see the percentage of passes they throw < 10 yards is fairly invariant.
  14. TeddyKGB

TeddyKGB New Member

2 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wonder if Griffin's pitches in the option game skew that "behind the LOS" number?

I love both Luck and RG3. My thoughts are that while Luck maybe be a top 10 QB for years to come - he is much closer to his ceiling already. I don't think RG3 has quite scratched the surface of his which is a scary thought. For a 2-3 year stretch I say Luck but for a career I take Griffin.
  15. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,030 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Luck has definitely not reached his ceiling nor is he close to doing so.
  16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,014 Messages
    1,580 Likes Received
    Luck is just getting started and should have more command of the offense, understanding of the defense schemes around the league as time goes on. He has very good talent as does RGIII but he has room to grow
  17. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,009 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    What a dumb statement. Multiple analysts, and defensive players from teams that have played the Skins, have said that the offensive scheme is very tough to defend. From one or two formations, they are able to run multiple attacks, all dependent on Griffins ability to read the defense pre-snap, and post snap, and choose the best attack. Too many articles are out there for you not to know this, you simply choose to believe your self-induced lie about a "college" offense but the biggest fact that belies your delusion is that this "simplistic" offense currently ranks #2 in rush yards/attempt and #2 in pass yards/attempt, after 12 games, despite a ton of game tape, and missing it's #1 TE and #1 pass receiver for substantial parts of those 12 games, and having the most penalty yards per game this year.
  18. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I say this as a Skins fan.

Take whichever you want and I'll be happy with the other.

Skins run the ball more than the Colts. Colts throw a ton more INTs than the Skins. Its obvious "why". 17 TDs to 4 picks for RG3 shows good decision making.

Luck throws it almost 200 times more than either RG3 or Russell Wilson.

[IMG]

Again, take Luck or RG3. I would be thrilled with the other guy on my team.
  19. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,675 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    what a fascinating thread...its been a great read so far. (not being sarcastic)

can i ask you Skin fans a question? If Washington had the #1 overall pick who would you preferred, Luck or Griffin? please answer honestly.
  20. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,239 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    In April Luck hands down. Not even a question in my mind, I have had a boner for Andrew Luck since I saw him play live in January 2011 in the Orange Bowl.

Now? RG3, no question. Not just the on the field play but the off the field package and what he means for Washington DC