1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RGIII 'way ahead of schedule'

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Sean50Lee, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Sean50Lee

Sean50Lee Active Member

565 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is "way ahead of schedule" in his recovery from surgery to repair a torn ACL and LCL, Dr. James Andrews told the NFL Network on Friday.

"We have him well on his way," Andrews told the NFL Network. "His recovery is way ahead of schedule so far. We don't have to do much but try to hold him back, if you want to know the truth. Our whole mode for him though is to do what is best for his career, not necessarily what is best for the first game next season. So all of that has to be put on hold and let him get well."

Griffin suffered a sprained LCL in Washington's Week 14 win against the Baltimore Ravens, but returned two games later. He then tore two knee ligaments in a first-round playoff loss to the Seattle Seahawks and had surgery Jan. 9 Read More Here http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...-schedule-recovery-according-dr-james-andrews
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Hope he tears it again.

Sorry, but he's a redskin. I wish nothing but pain, injury, and failure upon him.
  3. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

2,947 Messages
    471 Likes Received
  4. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

1,060 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    Can he walk on water and feed the masses on a loaf of bread as well?
  5. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,808 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Other than a can of whoop he put on us. I don't wish him injury, unlike a guy like Brandon Jacobs, or Santana Moss

He just plays the game.

I do hope he's not the same though, because he's a hell of a threat.
  6. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,802 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    :hammer: :skins: :suxskins:
  7. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,714 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    What do you expect his doctor to say? Until he tries that knee out at full game speed it isn't the same.
  8. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,142 Messages
    533 Likes Received
    Source tells @JasonColeYahoo it's "ridiculous" to talk of an @RGIII return at this point in the process http://t.co/TPX9gx2zWB

http://twitter.com/#!/ProFootballTalk/status/305826351728951296

Subtle yet palpable tension exists between the desire to put quarterback Robert Griffin III back on the field for Week One of the 2013 season and Griffin’s objective of ensuring his long-term health.

Recently, Griffin added an unmistakable asterisk to the “All In For Week One” tagline of a new ad campaign, pointing out that he won’t compromise his career in order to return for the first game of the coming football season.* Dr. James Andrews, who openly fretted about the team’s decision to let Griffin play with a bad knee (not long before the knee imploded), has since proclaimed the Griffin is “way ahead of schedule.”

A person close to Griffin has suggested, under the cover of anonymity, that the time has come to take a more low-key approach.

“I don’t understand why we’re talking about how close he is to playing or not right now,” the source told Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports.* “Let him just get better; there’s a long way to go.”
  9. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

1,960 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Not a fan of wishing injuries on others. I hate seeing athletes go down, even if they do dominate me or my team. As a former athlete, I know how terrible rehab is and don't wish that upon anyone.
  10. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,304 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    This^^^
  11. kjcmeb

kjcmeb Active Member

100 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    it's us or them....i choose us....screw them...tear it up...10 times for all i care.
  12. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

9,982 Messages
    1,144 Likes Received
    When don't you hear that about/from athletes these days?

Why is this in the Fan Zone?
  13. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,267 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    JonJon said, "Seems like everyone is ahead of schedule nowadays. Maybe someone should update that schedule."

It's not note-worthy when the likes of Barry Church (one of the good guys) is said to be ahead of schedule. But when the vaunted RG3 is, it's earth-shattering. :rolleyes:

Let's temper any good news regarding our own team, and ogle and slobber over the opposition. Pathetic theme.
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,668 Messages
    689 Likes Received
    That's idiotic.
  15. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,267 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    Nah. It's fandom.
  16. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Eh, I've torn my knee up before. Not a big deal.
  17. Yuma Cactus

Yuma Cactus Active Member

669 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Exactly. It's not like we are wishing death on him. Just think the less good players the Foreskins have the better.
  18. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,514 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    Good for him I suppose. I don't really listen much to this sort of thing because it's not like his doctor is going to say "Well he's progressing slowly and it's not really going well."

I agree with the comment above that you don't really know how well it's all gone until he finally gets make into a game and actually goes full speed in the NFL.
  19. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Dude I like how you think, you're always making sense. :bow:
  20. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,655 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Two reconstructions on the same knee..... he won't be the same! ;)

Gonna be some serious arthritis in that knee.