1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Richie Incognito suspended indefinitely...

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

810 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    How do we not know that Incognito was being an ******* to prepare the kid for what he will face on Sundays? Maybe he was just trying to prepare him for battle.
  2. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,221 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    You must be joking!!!!
  3. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,221 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    One more thought. It must be hard to be a fins fan the last few years.
  4. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,866 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    The guy is a huge D-Bag and has a looooooooong history of being a D-Bag. Nothing he did helps anybody on Sunday, that makes absolutely no sense.
  5. RastaRocket

5,866 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    Do yourself a favor and look up the video of Incognito shirtless in a bar yelling the N word and pacing around like a fool.
  6. RastaRocket

5,866 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    Also, I would like to add that being completely sober and directing racial slurs at somebody you work with is much worse than the Cooper situation. Neither of these situations are good by any means, but c'mon!
  7. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,756 Messages
    926 Likes Received
    How do you know Incognito wasn't drunk? He could have drunk dialed Martin. :D
    RastaRocket likes this.
  8. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,355 Messages
    813 Likes Received
    Sure -- but I think Martin is legitimately afraid of the guy. And pretty much everything scientists know about bullying suggests that physically standing up to the bully generally leads to escalation of bullying.
  9. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

975 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    That seems to only happen if the bully wins the physical confrontation, and the majority of the time, the bully surrounds themselves with other cowards who feel bolder when they have strength in numbers. The victim is also less likely to choose the time and place of this confrontation, and the bully has the advantage. Hence why sometimes, the victim may lose it and seek out weapons that can inflict maximum harm on a large number of people.

Which is yet another reason why sick individuals like Incognitio need to be handled correctly, and the poor work environment in Miami was a contributing factor. Philbin claimed last sunday he wasn't aware of what was going on and Martin never came to him, then why did he have a prepared statement about Martin's absence before this whole story broke? They had their PR department working on this, and likely knew this was going to get bad as soon as Martin went AWOL.
  10. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,687 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    I have found that standing up to a bully usually tends to make the bully move on to someone else. Someone who is easier to bully. They like it when nobody stands up to them or fights back, .. or even backs down from them.

I could give a couple of examples, .. but bullies normally aren't having fun if you fight back. They will find an easier target.

Hard for me to understand how it got to this point for a guy that is 6' 5" and 312 lbs.
  11. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,430 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    This post is so stupid that it should be a bannable offense.
  12. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

810 Messages
    29 Likes Received

So you think the guys Martin lines up to block each Sunday say "Hey, how are you doing? Nice to see you."
  13. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

810 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Same here
  14. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,756 Messages
    926 Likes Received
    No, but what Incognito did goes beyond what opposing teams probably do. Plus Incognito has a poor reputation. He got excused from two different colleges. His history doesn't suggest that he did it only to prepare his teammate for what he may face.
  15. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,604 Messages
    741 Likes Received
    I don't think either of these guys play another snap in the NFL. Martin can change the NFL for the better though, and that is a good thing. NFL rookies are the "new black" apparently, and this transparent look into the situation can be the disinfectant for it.

[IMG]
  16. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,049 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    As much crap as Garrett gets about his RKG approach, I can't see this happening in the Dallas locker room and for that I am thankful.
  17. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Do you ever watch a game all the way through?

If so, you probably remember seeing players from both teams all over the field slapping hands and hugging and talking after the game is over.

Respect.. most players in the NFL have it for one another.
  18. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,374 Messages
    4,321 Likes Received
  19. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,357 Messages
    1,637 Likes Received
    Incognito needs to be on the big boy's version of Scared Straight.

He's loopy. Some connections in that fat brain of his got unplugged somewhere in his life.
  20. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,894 Messages
    907 Likes Received
    I agree. And I've seen guys who were being bullied that were much smaller than their bully step up to that bully. And I've seen times where they will stop at no end to get back at that bully. So this 'oh, you wouldn't do anything about it either' kinda falls flat for me. I'm not sure what I would do. But, I've seen people in my life at a much bigger disadvantage go to extraordinary lengths to own somebody that bullied him.

A sort of famous example I can think of is Jacques Rougeau getting back at the Dynamite Kid for bullying him. 4 front teeth knocked out later and that put an end to him being bullied.

YR