1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Rick Gosselin on Darren Woodson and the ROH

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Maikeru-sama, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

2,971 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    I did something right?

Quick, let TD3 know his favorite apologist is progressing. LOL

At safety, I'm already thinking ahead to Darren Woodson becuase I feel he's a lock for the Ring.

I think that will work against Harris and Waters.

And then there's the Playmaker at reciever.

I just can't see Drew Pearson getting in before Irvin's time is at hand.

It shouldn't matter, but I feel Pearson will always be on the outside looking in just like other deserving greats.

Me neither.

They're both fine candidates, but I imagine it will be a case of one of the two.

I don't know why, Jones doesn't have a defensive lineman of his own to induct (Haley is one of my favorite players, even before he arrived, but he isn't an option).

I've heard it as well.

I don't know if it's true or not, before my time and all, but it isn't disputed Wright is the best offensive tackle the team has had.

I know Larry Allen is a lock, but that shouldn't interfere with inducting a tackle, IMO.

The Ring is so exclusive, it's just hard to predict how or when Jones might open the doors for some of Landry's greats.

There are only ten former players enshrined to date along with Tom Landry and Tex Schramm.

That simply isn't enough for all the glory the team enjoyed before the decline in the late eighties.
  2. Shaun

Shaun Member

317 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Woodson's credentials as they are should put him in the Ring. When his career is over, he might have been a starting safety for two seperate dynasties.
  3. p1_

p1_ New Member

658 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    but your remark about history coupled with all-time favorite players seems kinda funny. You only mentioned Jerry era players. 5 previous trips to the big dance suggest you missed out on something.

As you see from replies, woody would do well to get in line. And I am most certainly a Woody fan. Cliff Harris and Charlie Waters came first, among others.
  4. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who is this remark aimed at?

- Mike G.
  5. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,508 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Woody is my favorite as well. The dude is just a great person and has been easy to talk with everytime I have met him.