1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Rob Ryan fired

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by kjcmeb, Jan 8, 2013.

1. kjcmeb

kjcmeb Active Member

100 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    per twitter - Not sure if this is out there but I just heard the Cowboys have fired Rob Ryan.
  2. kjcmeb

kjcmeb Active Member

100 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    ESPNDallas ‏@ESPNDallas
    Source: #Cowboys fire Rob Ryan. More to come.
  3. 4lifecowboy

4lifecowboy Active Member

834 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I'm confused....
  4. Mattsdad

Mattsdad Member Zone Supporter

593 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    he should have gotten coach of the year for what he did the last 8 games..........how does coach D and Wade Wilson keep their jobs over this guy? Im confused.
  5. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    His $75 million cornerbacks didn't get enough sacks.
  6. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,731 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    Schefter reporting on tweet says he is gone... not sure I'm happy bout this one. There will be casualties but once again, one constant will remain.:bang2:
  7. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,965 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    So Garrett has to get 3 years and the DC doesn't? Unless the Red headed genius is giving up play calling this is just going through the motions. And we'll have to look forward to yet another mediocre or worse season to finally free ourselves of the Garrett era.
  8. atomicgdog

atomicgdog New Member

11 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He was the best thing about the Cowboys coaching staff.
  9. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,935 Messages
    1,689 Likes Received
    This is ridiculous!! My guess is Dallas is going back to a 4-3 defense. Horrible move
  10. dcdallaschick

dcdallaschick Member

311 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I liked the idea/image of Rob Ryan a lot more than the product on the field.

So infuriating to watch them wander back on the field after some setback (big play, bad call, penalty) COMPLETELY unprepared for the next play.

So frustrating to watch what often looked like a defensive game plan completely unsuited to the task at hand (although they had that on offense as well) and the predictable "we'll get 'em next time" post-game presser.

So, sayonara, big fella. You were personally entertaining, but I'm not angry you're leaving.

Here's hoping for a DC who can bring some professionalism to this crew.
  11. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,183 Messages
    1,425 Likes Received
    I'm on both sides of the fence on this. He did well with the Keystone Cops but we had hardly no sacks and no INTs. And you can't call Einstein plays with Keyston Cops. Rob needed to dumb it down and I don't think he did under the circumstances. What about all the miscues ... too many men on the field?
  12. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    If you're gonna fire Rob you HAVE to get rid of the whole freaking staff. What the hell does that IDIOT (Jerry) expect when, LITERALLY, half your starters go on IR, another SHOULD Have been on IR, and another couple also dinged up?

Freaking stupid move by Jerry IMO.
  13. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,635 Messages
    3,156 Likes Received
    Wow!

Simply Wow!
  14. Coakleys Dad

Coakleys Dad The Re-Birth has begun.

4,835 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Norv for D coord????

Straight stoopidity
  15. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,265 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    good riddance
  16. CxC1993

CxC1993 Member

285 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I'm stunned.
  17. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    I'm NOT....Rob Ryan has never been on a winning team...He always has shown flashes of being a good Coordinator....but never a dominate one and never a game changer....always on the losing end.

Plus I really think there is a lot more problems behind the scenes then we the Fans know of......ALA this Brent stuff and Jay Ratliff issues.... were there is smoke there is FIRE.....and Mr Jones is gonna right the ship....dont let the door hit you on the way ROB RYAN....

FIX IT......Mr Jones.....
  18. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,464 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Say goodbye to the 3-4?

Say hello to the 4-3 and Lovie Smith?

Unless Rob was quietly undermining Garrett, I think this means a big time 4-3 coach like Lovie or Garrett will go in favor of a head coach with defensive background.
  19. coyboy

coyboy Member

113 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I just don't see how you fire a guy that held together a way injured defensive group with duct tape!

You can't fire him after he dealt with those injuries this season.

Jerry, you frickin' better have superman the offensive coordinator already hired. If not, this move is horrible!

Can't address Ryan and not do something about the QB coach and the O-coordinator. If so, you are fired as GM!
  20. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

990 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    Lovie is going to interview with the eagles.. He will seek to become a head coach before an coordinator.