1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rob Ryan hired by Rams per twitter

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Kilyin, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

962 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    They play alot like Seattle on defense. Very physical. If they get some more playmakers on offense they are going to become dangerous quickly.
  2. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,936 Messages
    446 Likes Received
    By October 1, 2013 we will be wishing Ryan was still DC.
  3. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    dude came out smelling like a ROSE. Traded in an older, average defense for a younger one with a VERY good head coach in Fisher. Doesn't have to put up with Al Davis Jr. either. Hey, it took 20 minutes but it was worth it.;)
  4. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Doubt that, you won't see another slew of injuries like this year, and even so it would be hard to finish worse on defense than we have the past couple seasons.
  5. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Good for him. No ill feelings, and it will be amusing to hear how every player on the Rams is a Pro Bowler.

Feel bad for Brian Baker and Matt Eberflus. I imagine most of the Rams assistant spots are filled with Fisher's guys and they won't have an obvious soft place to land if if Kiffin doesn't want to retain them here.
  6. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,510 Messages
    681 Likes Received
    They have a lot of pieces in place on D, he should do well there.
  7. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,613 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    At the rate he's going, soon he'll be able to talk trash every week.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,557 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    You really may be right.

But I think in the back of his head he could see himself taking over HC in Dallas if JG failed. He won't be undermining Fisher's authority (if Garrett has that even) in SL.
  9. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,679 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Do we play the rams this year ?
  10. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,271 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Funny how it seems every time we let someone go, we end up playing against them the following season.
  11. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,040 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received
    there is no doubt about who runs the football operation in st louis.
    jeff fisher is the man. things start and end with him. And he is going to have that team hitting on all cylinders soon.
  12. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Yep... And probably job security for at least a few years.
  13. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,344 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Good fit for him. They have a lot of young talent - Quinn, Long, Brockers, Laurinitis, Janoris Jenkins...he could probably coach the 4-3 easily there without much adjustment.
  14. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
  15. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...small world, small league. It'll be a good game, but won't be any 'fun' for either side. The NFC is stacked with so many good teams: 49ers, Pack, Falcons,Giants, Seahawks, and then the up and comers are the skins and Rams. Where do we fit in? Absolutely no where IMO.....just floating in .500 purgatory as usual.
  16. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

962 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    Jeff Fisher "If you try to **** up what I have going here I'll send your *** on the next flight out of St.Louis. You got it? Good."
  17. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....I suggested hiring him a few years ago and was roundly criticized for it in here.(shock)....thing is, Fisher would NEVER work for a dolt like Al Jr.: pretty sure he and Rob are laughing their keesters off right about now over that old fool and how he rolls.:lmao:
  18. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    That's part of it, too. If he tries too much goofy stuff, Fisher will put him back in line in a hurry. I don't think that ever happened here.
  19. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,040 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received

You are right. Jeff Fisher is not the type of guy that would/could work for Jerry. No shot.
  20. weaver21

weaver21 Active Member

690 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Can I ask you a honest question? And I mean no offense with this ... are you really a Cowboys fan? I'm serious because every time I see one of your posts, you're posting negative crap almost every time and it makes you look like a fan from another team. Just curious.