1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rob Ryan hired by Rams per twitter

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Kilyin, Jan 11, 2013.

1. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,699 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    hope we dont rue the day!
  2. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,353 Messages
    385 Likes Received
    He obviously landed on his feet. Great spot for him.
  3. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,840 Messages
    702 Likes Received
    Give his concept of time, 2 to 3 hours.
  4. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Rob will be able to focus entirely on his defense instead of telling his head coach when to throw the challenge flag and all.
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    Rams 32
    Cowboys 3

Victory cigar.
  6. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

826 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    From Fisher's standpoint - its a win/win situation. He gets to pick Ryan's brain about personnel on the NFC East teams...and who knows if he faces one of them in the playoffs Ryan can be an asset in game planning.
  7. Risen Star

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    I think he's a good coach. Of course he talks a lot but you knew that going in. He's a Ryan.

I want to know more about the report about him skipping meetings. I don't know how that can possibly be true. What DC skips his own meetings?
  8. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.......since 1978 with Tony Dorsett, Roger, the Manster and Harvey Martin. Watched them beat the Broncos and Craig Morton in the Super Bowl in New Orleans that January as a 10 yr. old and was HOOKED. Just can't stand JJ and his idiocy. Yeah, I'm probly too negative: guilty as charged. I simply want the man to care as much as us and hire someone competent to run the team. NO different than he does for his oil and gas biz. BEYOND frustrated....:bang2:

....BTW: I would have hired Lovie Smith or bust: in other words, if he wasn' available I would have kept Ryan for one more year. Just hought I'd throw that out there. Rash decision by Al Jr. as per usual
  9. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,995 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    I wish him all the best.
  10. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,146 Messages
    779 Likes Received
    If they finish with a top-10 defense, then it'll let us know the problem is more with the players than the coach.

He was supposedly given the tools to work with here, although injuries did contribute to his demise.

Of course, one major difference is that he's working with a defensive-minded head coach in St. Louis. Fisher will have a lot of say in the way Ryan's defense plays.
  11. newlander

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

......but time will tell: doesn't appear Fisher is too worried about it. WHo you guys thinking for OC by the way: Sporano, Callahan or long shot like Mularkey? (assuming Norv is going to the browns)
  12. weaver21

weaver21 Member

637 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Thanks for answering. I wasn't trying to be funny or anything just wanted to know. I'm 26 years old so I was pretty young during the greatness of the 90s and I don't remember much of them to be honest. It's definitely been frustrating since I've become more of a "passionate" fan and probably even more for you.
  13. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    I understand his frustration completely. I watched the 90s years, mostly with Redskins and Steelers fans #memories

I'm just mostly numb these days. I'll outlive Jerry!
  14. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,790 Messages
    5,201 Likes Received
    where did you hear this RS?

i had a feeling he was disorganized b/c his defense looked disorganized a quarter of the time. i'm pretty sure that's the antithesis of what jason is.
  15. newlander

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....I was your age (roughly) when we were kicking arse and taking names from 92-95....it was glorious man. That said, you'll have to get the DVD's to re-live it and probably have already. Hope springs eternal: my favorite baseball team is the Cubs so I DO have thick skin that's fo sho!:rolleyes:
  16. Risen Star

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    I'm hoping nobody.

If I had to guess. They'll just let Callahan call the plays. And the board will rejoice.
  17. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

4,188 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    Chalk that up as a loss right now.
  18. Risen Star

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    It was in one of these theads. Somebody heard that on Talking Cowboys today. Something about Rob started to skip meetings at the end of season and had a rift with Jerome Henderson because of it.
  19. weaver21

weaver21 Member

637 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Haha must suck to be a Cubs fan. Yeah, my dad tells me all the time that the days in the 90s were amazing and he hopes we fan find that spark again to just win another Super Bowl. I guess we just have to pray for one while Jerry is still breathing.
  20. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,790 Messages
    5,201 Likes Received
    Wow seems like lots of good info on Talking Cowboys this week. I need to catch up on them this weekend. It's always funny how the juicy details start to leak as soon as the season is over.