1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rob Ryan hired by Rams per twitter

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Kilyin, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Curious, was it a concerted effort for all you guys to use the NO Jerry avatars or was it just a coincidence?
  2. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    DWAREZ posted earlier today that on the Lunch Break it was discussed that Ryan was skipping defensive meetings and causing Matt Eberflus to run them.

This also caused a rift with Jerome Henderson.

Broaddus on Talkin' Cowboys talked about how Eberflus was Ryan's "brain" of the whole defense by keeping him organized. It was slight jab at Ryan but more complimentary of Eberflus.
  3. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,461 Messages
    6,028 Likes Received
    a movement has begun behind the scenes. ;)
  4. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,461 Messages
    6,028 Likes Received
    it sucks we have to lose those two young bright coaches.
  5. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,826 Messages
    1,596 Likes Received
    St. Louis already had a decent defense, they got some guys over there like Finnegan, Jenkins, Brockers that are gonna love playing for Rob.
  6. Bluestang

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received

It doesn't mean that Eberflus leaves town as well Henderson.

Especially if what is reported by the Lunch Break folks is true.

I hope they both stay.
  7. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,459 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    I don't think we'll let Henderson go. Eberflus might not fit as a 4-3 linebackers coach, though.
  8. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,593 Messages
    1,184 Likes Received
    You missed a treat. It felt so good going into a game knowing that the Cowboys were going to win. The 92-93 season that cultimated into a Super Bowl 27 victory was simply magical.
  9. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,436 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    I think it sucks. He didn't deserve to get canned.

Oh well. Next year I see as a winner take all year. We win, or we don't. Hopefully JG, and the Grateful Dead can coach there arses off.

Anything less then playoffs could be a disaster of this franchise IMO.
  10. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I bet Eberflus is gone, as the Rams let their LB coach go. (It was Williams' son, too.)

Hopefully Henderson will stay.
  11. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,461 Messages
    6,028 Likes Received
    That's true, I just believe more likely than not, a veteran coach like Kiffin won't have time or energy to introduce newcomers to his staff.
  12. eternaljester81

eternaljester81 New Member

8 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    So I guess we know where Anthony Spencer ends up next year.
  13. Bluestang

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    Also it's worth noting that both guys are under contract and the Cowboys still have to grant permission to a team if they want to make a lateral move.

Interviewing with an incoming DC is standard practice, and it's not necessarily the kiss of death.
  14. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,142 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    They fired him...
  15. Bluestang

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    Also it appears per Twitter that Ryan hasn't even interviewed for the job yet, he is the top choice it appears, but Ryan is still on vacation.
  16. COWBOYSNUM1

COWBOYSNUM1 Active Member

625 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    You could have used this same post and quoted over half of the posters on here. :laugh2:
  17. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    why not?
  18. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,459 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    You know because old people just sit in their rockers and talk about the good old days.

This has got to be one of the more ageist boards out there. It seems that a majority of the fans on here think older equals inept. My 75-year-old father-in-law can (and does) outwork me and probably a lot of people on this board.
  19. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,227 Messages
    7,052 Likes Received
    Well, I read on twitter that they let Williams son go because everybody hated him (literally).

Clarity

“Blake Williams wasn’t well-liked by the staff. Peers thought he was a bit of a know-it-all.” -@SI_PeterKing

Edit: At least I think I saw it on Peter King's timeline. I know I saw it tho. :cool:
  20. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,461 Messages
    6,028 Likes Received
    b/c i think jerry has conveyed to him that there is pressure to win NOW with all the windows closing and whatnot. an established coach like him who has been in the league for decades already has established relationships with dozens of assistant coaches. i think he will opt to bring in coaches who are familiar with his personality and his schemes rather than go thru a transition process with coaches he is not familiar with.