1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rob Ryan hired by Rams per twitter

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Kilyin, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,886 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    Apparently not too hard.

2010 was way worse.
  2. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,254 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    LOL at every praising this below average coordinator and this below average team. Wonder how long it will take for the Rams, their fans, and Fisher to get tired of Ryan. I give it about as long as it lasted with the Cowboys.
  3. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,656 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    Whoops, read you wrong. I thought you were one of those besmirching his age.
  4. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,480 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Good for him, he was too good to be unemployed...
  5. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

805 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Really? How could they? He got that Tennessee defense to nearly win a Super Bowl. I thought he and Fisher were best friends.
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,614 Messages
    3,506 Likes Received
    His age concerns me a little due to the daily rigors of the job but I think I'd be a hypocrite for besmirching him when I've ragged on Garrett for his inexperience the entire season.
  7. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,208 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    Gotta appreciate the integrity, even if you don't agree with this guy.
  8. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,656 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    I can't say I'm concerned with his age. Like I said in another thread, I've got a 75-year-old father-in-law who can work circles around me and probably many on this board. The guy literally can't sit still.

Doesn't mean the job won't wear out Kiffin, but I can't say that it will. Gotta believe the daily rigors would take more of a toll on someone out of shape like Rob Ryan than they would an in-shape 73-year-old. (Haven't looked to see if Kiffin's in shape, though.)

Of course, I'll give Ryan some credit for dropping some of that weight.
  9. hra8700

hra8700 Active Member

803 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Every time someone is fired or a player is cut people spread rumors like this so fans can hate that person and move on.

If this was true he wouldn't have a job. The rams definitely called Jerry and Jason before hiring him...
  10. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,614 Messages
    3,506 Likes Received
    your father-in-law is one in a million. naturally people lose energy as they age. hopefully kiffin gets a second wind now that he's coming to America's Team. he'll be better than ryan in my book if he's at the bare minimum showing up to all meetings (sheesh how pathetic is rob for that).
  11. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,255 Messages
    1,206 Likes Received
    Lol Rob Ryan says he hasnt been hired. He's on a beach and hasnt talked to nobody. No comment. I think maybe they want to hire him, but they jumped the gun.
  12. RGKN33

RGKN33 New Member

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good for him .
    Im sure they will finish uin the top 10 in defense this year .
    Im not bitter he was fired i just think hes a much better coach than what people are claiming here .
    Youll see this year he has some really good players to work with .
  13. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

14,959 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    do you live beside an old folks home or something? Hell I know 20 men 70 years old and older that can work a 30 year old's *** off. My old man cut a dead oak tree down, cut it up and split it with his splitter yesterday. I was going to do it today but he wanted to beat the rain. Yesterday was his 80th birthday. One in a million my ***.
  14. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

3,199 Messages
    1,126 Likes Received
    This guy seems like he can barely dress himself, much less cut down an oak tree.

[youtube]GK30QgXSTdE[/youtube]
  15. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,614 Messages
    3,506 Likes Received
    can your old man cut down that oak tree 10-15 hours a day, 8 months out of the year?
  16. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,997 Messages
    1,016 Likes Received
    it was cheaper than putting up a billboard or GASP - their own website.
  17. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

863 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    HAHAHAH this had me hella weak!
  18. yentl911

yentl911 Well-Known Member

1,485 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    I think Ryan will do pretty good there. The Rams are an up and coming team and they have a ton of young talent on Defense - Long, Brockers, Laurenitus, Jenkins, Mikell, etc...

I am not a big fan of Ryan but I do think that it is not in the best interest of the team to blow up the coaching staff every couple years when things do not shake down like you want. I am a firm believer in continuity. We have not had it at any position other than the GM - I love Jerry but he needs a "Football Guy" calling the shots. Someone that has spent there life around the game, learning, etc... to be honest, like his son Stephen. He has grown up around this. Jerry is too emotional and takes too much input from everyone. He wants to win, bad but he is his own worst enemy I am afraid.
  19. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    If we're honest with ourselves, I think we all know the answer.
  20. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    apparently some already are......what Jerry ought to do every time the fans turn on a coach is fire them....then the fans will immediately anoint him as the best coach ever, then jerry could be a hero and hire them back