1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Rob Ryan "Broncos offense made me throw up"

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Howboutdemcowboys31, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Howboutdemcowboys31

Howboutdemcowboys31 Well-Known Member

1,083 Messages
    210 Likes Received
  2. The Emperor

The Emperor Marcus Aurelius Maximus

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The football purists hate Tebow's offense. On paper, in the film room, it's not supposed to work. But it is... for now.

I'd like to see Tebow go against the Steelers, Ravens, Giants, or 49ers with their defenses.
  3. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,600 Messages
    1,412 Likes Received

The Ravens couldn't stop the Seahawks, I'm not sure there's anything they could do with Tebow
  4. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,934 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Umm Tebow's offense scored a whopping 10 points this wk....let's not get carried away here.
  5. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,062 Messages
    498 Likes Received
    Unless Tebow develops into a real NFL QB, the novelty surrounding him will wear off. The league is all about winning and teams need to score points to do that. He puts a lot of pressure on his defense to carry the game for him.
  6. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    But is it really working?

They didn't put up many yards.

They only scored 10 offensive points in the game.

They mostly won that game due to good defense and a pick-6 score. That kept the inept offense in the game long enough for Tebow to pull off that one great drive.
  7. The Emperor

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh, but they want to carry the game for him! He's a leeeaaader. He's a leeeeaaader. That's what the mediots tell us. Therefore, it's true.
  8. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,335 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    I am not sure how you can say that offense works. They had like 140 yards of offense and 3 points through 3 1/2 quarters. Yes he did a great job finding a way to get it done on that last drive but their offense blows. The pick 6 and the Jets lack of offense is the only reason they had any shot. Lets see how they do when they arent playing Miami, Oakland, KC and the Jets.
  9. The Emperor

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Precisely. It won't work anymore. But it is for now because the competition is so pedestrian.

They face the Bears on December 11th. If the wheels haven't come off the wagon by then, they will starting with that game.
  10. Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad Active Member

4,648 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The jets problems are not our problems. We have enough to worry about.

Also next time we play Denver is 2013 season.
  11. The Emperor

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received

So the Seahawks game was just a :) ?

That's the first time I've seen that from you. Since I've been coming here in 2009, all Cowboys wins have been :D
  12. Tricericon

Tricericon Member

874 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    The Jets are actually very, very good. The Raiders aren't bad either.

It's becoming a consistent thing of circular logic.

"Tebow hasn't beaten anyone!"
    "That's not true. The Jets are pretty good."
    "Can't be, they lost to Tebow!"

If you want to give the defense more credit than Tebow for the 4-1 record, that's fine. You'd probably be right. However, arguing that their success as a team is unsustainable is not backed by the facts.
  13. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,987 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    What is their record against REAL quarterbacks?

It has nothing to do with a teams defense.

All the teams they beat have been limited at QB. They play a ball control style of football, and they've come away with some wins at the end.

When they played detroit and stafford they got crushed...

I believe Rivers will put air in the ball too, but he has been inconsistent this year.
  14. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  15. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I wouldn't really say it's working. Their D has been playing really well and the only reason they can play that style.
  16. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,628 Messages
    1,572 Likes Received
    if the Jets had not stank it up offensively then we would not be having this conversation at all. Fact is Tebow is worse then the Rapist was as a rookie and its not even close. But just like with the Rapist things are breaking his way and his D is really playing well.
  17. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,268 Messages
    1,786 Likes Received
    Wonder if the prototype fullback/slash/quarterback will still be starting by then?
  18. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    God no kidding, don't we have a game this week? WTH is he running his mouth off about Denver for? We didn't hire him to be his brother's hype man...
  19. Real1st

Real1st Nikola Tesla

4,835 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Its only natural somebody is linked to their brother. Especially one that is his twin.
  20. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Yep, for all the talk of Tebow, Von Miller has been a bigger difference maker for that team this season. That kid is just eating QBs alive. They really hit on the #2 pick of the draft this year.

As it stands, I actually think they got the best player in this draft.

I think we got the second best player in this draft.

As of the results of this season, it has been a really good draft year. Lots of great young players - Miller, Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Julio Jones, Tyron Smith, AJ Green, Patrick Peterson (as a returner), Demarco Murray ....

One thing I'll say is damn I wish Dalton had fallen to us in the second round (on offense to Bruce Carter).

The one thing that I think it shows is that Garrett has a good eye for spotting QB talent. If he sees a guy he likes as Romo's replacement in the next three drafts we better be willing to do what it takes to get that guy. Good QBs are hard to find. If one comes along and Romo is still chugging along we have to be prepared to trade him for a king's ransom and find another guy. I don't want to go through another stretch like the one from the end of Aikman's career to the start of Romo's career again.