1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Rob Ryan talks Sterling Moore

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 15, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,549 Messages
    3,399 Likes Received
    Ryan said Moore’s time in New England has helped him adjust to the Cowboys.

“I think they are a multiple team with Bill Belichick and the guy with the beard out there, (Matt) Patricia, but they do a great job of coaching,” Ryan said. “They let their guard down on him and we slipped up and gobbled him up. He’s been an excellent football player. He’s playing all over the place for us. He’s playing inside. He’s playing outside. He’s playing safety. He’s a smart guy but he’s a very talented kid and we really got something here with this guy.”

More: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...morris-claiborne-questionable-with-concussion
  2. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,438 Messages
    2,791 Likes Received
    We need a break there.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,917 Messages
    5,555 Likes Received
    We may have found it too. He looks good, all things considered.
  4. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

885 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    So far, I like this pick up.
  5. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,037 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Kinda funny that according to reports going into the season Mike Jenkins was concerned about his 'role'. Welp, here's your role Jenkins, we've got more injuries than a MASH unit.
  6. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,960 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    Moore can play and he's a fairly good athlete which helps.
  7. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,453 Messages
    208 Likes Received
    The past couple years we've been doing a really good job picking up players when we need them.
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,918 Messages
    1,688 Likes Received
    What is he saying?
  9. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,374 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    If Moore can be a good 4th CB for us, that will save us a draft pick next year as well.

I guess that's the (only) silver lining when guys on IR. If your pro scouting department is good, you can add to the bottom of your roster a bit earlier.
  10. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,278 Messages
    207 Likes Received

I took it to mean that he felt NE and their defensive coordinator, Matt Patricia, were a defense that played multiple schemes. Due to that I assume, he's impressed with Moore's ability to do multiple things.
  11. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,345 Messages
    1,129 Likes Received
    I was just raving about this guy in the post game thread. If you havent been paying particular attention this kid is a baller
  12. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    gonna look closely for him when I watch it again....although I must say, I was so pissed at McCray throughout the game I could barely contain myself....that kid has GOT to go: he can't start next week or ever again IMO
  13. StarMan

StarMan Active Member

991 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    I was just about to say when does Moore replace McCray?
  14. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....my 94 yr. old grandma is better in coverage than 'McCrap' but....I do worry about Moore vs. the run: he's smaller than McCray isn't he? Anyway, yeah........DO IT! ENOUGH WITH MCCRAP
  15. StarMan

StarMan Active Member

991 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Yeah we may lose something in run support with Moore, although I'm not sure who's bigger. But McCray is another Roy Williams in coverage.
  16. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,367 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    lol, my thoughts as well, problem with guys like Rob who always pump sunshine is that I can't tell what he says actually means because I know every player isn't all pro
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,056 Messages
    3,973 Likes Received
    He was reported to be a player who could play some safety. Or, he could stay at CB with Claiborne back and let Carr play more safety as Coe comes up to speed with the defense.
  18. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I didn't notice him out there which usually means a good thing assuming he was playing. I saw Coe out there with Jenkins and Carr but don't really remember seeing Moore out there.
  19. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

10,983 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    McCray was PWNED by a TE. ALL night. Poor kid........
  20. KD Drummond

KD Drummond New Member

16 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Moore is indeed a great find by the team. I have it on good account that the Patriots were not only putting him in position to be a CB/S, but they also were using him as a nickel linebacker much the way that Barry Church earned his keep initially with Dallas.

I checked with my guy as soon as we signed him and he said that the Pats indeed had huge hopes for the guy, especially off the performance he had when they played him down the stretch due to all their injuries. There was a reason the Cowboys extended him a year already when they poached him from the Pats PS.

Also, don't be surprised if the team gets something out of Michael Coe. No inside info on him but he seems able to keep receivers in front of him and hasn't given up many YAC yards in his limited playing time.

I think both signings will allow Dallas to focus on the trenches in the draft in another year of having to play salary cap games.