1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Robert Griffin III’s ACL Recovery Is ‘Superhuman,’ According to Dr. James Andrews

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by RS12, Mar 23, 2013.

1. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,665 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I cannot believe I will defend Vick, but Vick for the most part have been on teams with crappy RB, all his years in Atlanta he had a lot of nobodies in the backfield with him. But the analogy fits when your QB has the mentality to run first he is in for a long painful career.
  2. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,331 Messages
    1,629 Likes Received
    I don't think it's a big deal if RG3 was using HGH for healing. Steroids are common in rehabilitation as well in certain scenarios. If the NFL could regulate the issue by having physicians report such situations, who really cares?
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,690 Messages
    1,136 Likes Received
    I tend to agree.

However, if someone hurts their arm, and takes HGH, they could theoretically use the drug to improve their leg strength during that time, so its hard to say who is actually using it get to get healthy, and who is trying to cheat.
  4. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,816 Messages
    506 Likes Received
    The Legend of Robert Griffith III continues....
  5. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,655 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Yea... he needs to cover! They screwed up and they know it. I will believe it when i see it. Two acl replacements on the same knee can and will cause problems.
  6. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,568 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    No, some of is come to laugh at some of the unbelievable ignorance in this thread. It's highly entertaining, thank you.
  7. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,795 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    They better hope so seeing as they mortaged and ruin them with picks and horrible cap sapce for many years too come. But in the end it won't matter they are a mild contender and thats it no superbowls or even close.
  8. SkinsFan82

SkinsFan82 Member

285 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Not sure where you're getting that 'horrible cap space for many years to come' idea from. They haven't restructured a bunch of guys at this point to push money into later years (like the Cowboys did), anything done this year so far is simply single year pay cuts to free up a little space.

At the moment they have 48 players under contract with $36 million in cap room for 2014. They have a few key guys coming up that they will need to get new deals with but they're far being in a bad situation as far as future cap space goes.
  9. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Silly Redskins fans.
  10. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,568 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Yup, make fun of a typo. The point still stands: there has been the typical parroting BSPN misreporting in this thread (Mike Vick 2.0, 2 ACL tears, etc.), and I find it highly entertaining. I appreciate your efforts.
  11. ApolytonGP

ApolytonGP Member

74 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I'm a Skins fan and I don't trust those rehab reports. RG3 had two injuries that took him out of games this past year. And when you have to rebuild a knee twice? Ai yi yi.

And remember all the rose colored types who said every week (at the end) that he was getting better and then every week he had the damned brace on...and then he blew it out.
  12. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,083 Messages
    492 Likes Received
    i sense much intelligence in this post.
  13. SkinsFan82

SkinsFan82 Member

285 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Yeah, that's fair. I'm sort of a wait and see person on the whole thing.

I really don't know what to make of it all as it seems odd someone who spent a lifetime building a reputation like Andrews would just come out and blatantly lie when he could be proven wrong so quickly.

Wait and see. :)
  14. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,934 Messages
    1,694 Likes Received
    Comments should probably be look at in relative terms.

"Superhuman" compared to someone who didn't go through the whole drawn out process of injuring it twice with the last one ultimately being significant?

Probably not.

"Superhuman" compared to where you would expect a guy who has gone through all that to be? Maybe.

Drew Brees supposedly had a crack wreck in his should and his recovery seemed to be pretty quick. Here's a quote from a story about Brees' surgery when Andrews first took a look at the damage.

I don't see why he would B.S. the situation because piling B.S. on top of B.S. usually doesn't go over all too well.
  15. gdoggy

gdoggy New Member

23 Messages
    4 Likes Received
  16. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,923 Messages
    5,574 Likes Received
    A crack wreck in his should?

That sounds nasty.
  17. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,934 Messages
    1,694 Likes Received
    I honestly don't know why I wrote crack when I meant car.
  18. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

2,745 Messages
    1,016 Likes Received
    Gotta laugh at a medical doctor trying to be credible while describing a patient as superhuman.
  19. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,442 Messages
    2,791 Likes Received
    If you defined a set period for recovery or had checks in place then I'm all for it. I can see how a player would claim I'm still recovering two years later and in part that would be a small part true. But I like this idea.
  20. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,442 Messages
    2,791 Likes Received
    And why would Dr Andrews need to blow his own horn? He doesn't need to enhance his reputation at all. And there are other players who are now advancing this fast in their recovery. AP and Lattimore are just two that I know of and that's off the top of my head.