1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Robert Quinn destined to be a Cowboy?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

12,027 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    Robert Quinn is the most "talented" player in the upcoming draft, after Peterson, and he was supended for a ridiculous reason aswell. Do we do the same thing again?

He can translate and be a 3-4 linebacker, it'd be similar to the Dez Bryant pick. Not solving a need, but getting a talented player who is falling immensely. If you support/supported the Dez Bryant pick, you should support trading down and selecting Quinn.

even more simularties:

There are no doubts about Quinns performance on the field, only off and mentally.
    We have an underperforming player at the position not living up to the hype (Spencer).

So why not do the same thing? It worked out last time, so why not again?
  2. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,117 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    could very well happen, the cowboys have targeted from what i read and heard, more DE's in the draft in first round, then OT, S or CB etc...

Youve got to remember, spears, hatcher, bowen are all free agents next year. Spears will most likely be gone next year to Miami. Hatcher keeps getting injured, so most likely keep Bowen, and go with youngsters like Lissemore, Brent, etc.. and draft a top DE in draft. Granted, I would rather see Peterson, whom maybe a young Darren Woodson in the making that can play CB and S.
  3. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

12,027 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    We could probably trade down to around #15 and still get Quinn, which would add a 2nd round pick in the draft.

Problem with Quinn is he would not be able to be a 3-4 DE, he'd be a Linebacker.
  4. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,117 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    true buddy, this is what i think;
    with cowboys looking at DE's first round overall, (with no top offensive linemen in top 10 cowboys have strongly looked at )
    Dareus DE,
    Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson.
    Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn.
    Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina.
    cameron jordan DE

this is where i think the cowboys will target in 1st round, a DE

understand about Quinn, but he might be a ton better than spencer too at OLB and push the dog out of him on the roster, while coming in to pass rush as a 4th DE in pass rush situations

I see cowboys trying to get a bigger DE first, but if cant go there, will target a smaller DE/OLB

in the 3-4 as you know, your strength is your outside linebackers, they must create havoc, and honestly ware and spencer havent done that this year to a large degree, not like they should,

quinn fits that mold perfectly, and he might fall some due to his lack of size,

and you could do like you suggest, trade down 3-4 spots or so, and get an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder.

ive read where cowboys are targeting OL and safety/cb in 2nd to 4th rounds, that extra 2nd or 3rd rounder would look sweet to filling obvious need

then with our 5th to 6th rounders we can target a big bruising fullback, while looking at a kicker, (remember we drafted folk in 6th round a few years back)

1st rounder somewhere in top 10, can trade down possibly get an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder
    1st
    2nd
    2nd or 3rd in trade down
    3rd
    4th,
    5th
    6th
    6th
    7th

However, if you drafting high in 1st round, say around 5th pick, trade up and get peterson, solidy that cb/s position
    then regroup to get OL, DE in later rounds, you should always try to get impact players when you can like a dez bryant, randy white, ed jones, aikman, tony dorsett, maryland, etc...
  5. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,404 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    I still see Quinn being selected in the 15-25 range and if Dallas drops back there, we need to just take an o-lineman. No garuntee guys like Camiri will be there when we pick.
  6. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,428 Messages
    1,341 Likes Received
    I'd stay put and roll with Marcell Dareus personally.
  7. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    this my deal Quinn his size

Robert Quinn*, DE, North Carolina
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 268.

Spencer, Anthony
    6-3 #260

Ware, DeMarcus
    6-4 #265

I think he would be OLB

Bruce Carter, OLB, North Carolina
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 225 - Top 25 Pick

He's a big-hitting linebacker with great range and athleticism. He'll likely get drafted in the first round -

plug this guy inside at B James spot - I think he could play inside - plus he looks a lot bigger than #225

now if you go with say

Cameron Jordan, DE, California
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 290.

now that a DE size
  8. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,086 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    FWIW: The Huddle Report's Drew Boylhart grades Robert Quinn as a 4th round prospect and compares him to Aaron Maybin (who Boylhart graded as a 7th round prospect in 2009 and who has been unable to break into the starting lineup for Buffalo at either 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB).

My dream scenario:
    Round 1: Marcell Dareus
    Round 2: Mike Pouncey/Wisnewski (sp?)