1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rod Marinelli is special coach

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Wood, May 9, 2014.

1. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,373 Messages
    413 Likes Received
    Do yourself favor and listen to Marinelli interview. It takes about 10 seconds to see why players respond so well to him. You can feel his presence thru the mic. Very soft spoken, highly intelligent but down to earth (he is Vietnam Vet). The show host alluded to the 'it' factor he has. Lets hope he stays with Dallas for a long time. Few things he talked about tonight:

* Demarcus Lawrence has very large hands and is a very physical player (mentioned this twice). Thinks he will fill out and be a strong lean player. Too much speed for DE can be curse because they over-pursue. Says good ones learn to harness it.

* Wants to see Carter & Durant battle it out for WILL linebacker spot. Says its very important position in that scheme.

* Likes to have multiple players who can play 3 technique.
  2. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,278 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    So holloman is our starting SLB?
  3. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,017 Messages
    711 Likes Received
    We're going to find out. He's inheriting a historically bad defense, not adding much in the way of talent improvement, and running pretty much the same scheme as his mentor ran last year.

We'll find out how good a coach he is for sure this season.
  4. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,747 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    Awesome. Lawrence's frame and physicality stand out on film. Love the toughness.
  5. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,373 Messages
    413 Likes Received
    I forgot to mention Marinelli really emphasized he wants Dallas defense playing fast this year. That seemed to be his central theme for 2014.
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,883 Messages
    7,314 Likes Received
    Rod Marinelli.
    JoeyBoy718 likes this.
  7. Macnalty

Macnalty Active Member

959 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    I disagree Lawrence stands out because he can bend around the corner unlike any of the DE he is not more physical than the DE. I like the player hate the trade, point well taken he would not have been available at 47, on the flip there are still some really good WR/DT/RB in the third that could start for the boys.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,604 Messages
    5,332 Likes Received
    Marinelli actually creeps me out a little bit. He sounds like he should be wearing only a trenchcoat when he talks.
    Nunez21, guag and Risen Star like this.
  9. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,319 Messages
    1,124 Likes Received
    Say it three times
    [IMG]
    Doomsay and Risen Star like this.
  10. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,821 Messages
    375 Likes Received