1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Roethlisberger: "Steelers are the world's team."

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NeonDeion21, Dec 12, 2012.

1. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,413 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    And 3. moving up a couple of spots doesn't mean you'll get a better player anyway, particularly in the middle of the order, which is where we are going to be regardless. Silly wishing for your team to lose since it has no bearing on future success at all.
  2. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,665 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    Yeah you are right....

And rooting and claiming we can win, when clearly we can't is not blind, or being a homer.

Without Dez or Romo we can still win it all....yeah!
  3. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

946 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Well, Benny. I'm from the world outside of America, and I hate no sports team as much as your classless Stealers.
  4. Frozen700

12,665 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    Yeah!!!! We are going to the Superbowl even if Dez is shut down.
  5. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,692 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    LOL I knew this predictable bull**** was coming. Claiming we can win like we have 4 of the last 5 games we've played. Look if you want to quit on the season go ahead but don't continue to post if or when we win like you were on board all along. I want to know who the real fans are and who are the ones like you who quit and want a high draft pick we aren't going to get.
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,747 Messages
    10,042 Likes Received
    What's he supposed to do? Bow down to the Cowboys? He's a competitor and, really, he has no reason to respect this team. We've been a pretender throughout most, if not all, of his career.

Having said that, I hope we smoke them on Sunday.
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,857 Messages
    1,697 Likes Received
    a real fan has a realistic point of view of his team

unlike a kool aid drinker.

When this team runs upagainst someone like the Pats we will get owned.

you can celebrate small wins but until this team is built right it will NEVER win a SB.
  8. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

757 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Although I haven't been everywhere (yet haha), I've been to Brazil twice and I can tell you that the majority that pay attention to the NFL are Cowboys fans and the ones that don't, only know of the Cowboys.

Sorry Ben, try again.
  9. Risen Star

22,747 Messages
    10,042 Likes Received
    I'm keeping score on who the real fans are.
  10. Frozen700

12,665 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    Yes Mod,

I couldn't tell if you were a Mod or not, but this confirms it. If not, you are doing a good job of regulating your own rules/applying for the job.

Real Fans :laugh2:

Yeah!!!! We have a chance no matter what, and this makes me a real fan!
  11. Frozen700

12,665 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    :lmao:

Especially, without Dez.

But yeah, we always have a chance, no matter what. We are the Super Cowboys.
  12. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Maybe instead of saying "real fans" it should just be "good fans" or "bad fans." There's certainly a difference between those who will root for their team no matter what and those who will complain no matter what. Yes, we haven't been a contender in a while. But, there are some who never gave up and some who threw in the towel and whined like babies. They shouldn't be lumped together.
  13. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,071 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    This statement means nothing. There are 29-30 teams who are in the same boat.

I didn't think we had a chance against the Bengals. I was wrong. Happily so.

I don't think we have much of a chance against the Steelers. Am I wrong? I hope so.

But one thing I won't do is give up on them.

I know what this team is. When healthy, we are a marginal playoff team. With all the injuries, we will probably fall short of that.

But I'm not giving up.

Being realistic doesn't mean purposely blowing games for higher draft picks. Being realistic means accepting who we are and hope we win every single Sunday.

I hope we destroy the Steelers.
  14. Frozen700

12,665 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    There are some who whine constantly...

But majority of the guys who get attacked, are just keeping it real.

For instance all I said is, if Dez is shut down, we are done. I get called a quitter.

It's being real, we haven't moved the ball unless Dez is taking on double coverage or we force it to him, and he still kills his man.

So yes, if Dez or Romo where to ever go down, I will throw in the towel, unless we made a trade for a Megatron or Brady, which won't happen.
  15. Risen Star

22,747 Messages
    10,042 Likes Received
    I would define it by maturity, actually.

Acknowledging the obvious flaws in this team over the years doesn't make you a bad fan. It makes you objective and rational. I know my Cowboys brother burm will be rooting like I will on Sunday. That is besides the point when dissecting the issues with this team.

There are actually people here who dislike you if you're not on board with their view of the team. That is about as childish as anything you'll ever read on these boards.
  16. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,726 Messages
    1,937 Likes Received
    I wish we would get just as annoyed at our losing franchise as we get when people question our "America's Team" title.
  17. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,413 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    Then you must have held the same belief about the 2007 Giants and the 2010 Green Bay Packers, correct? How did that realism work out for you? The Giants were 6-6 at one point, no one could have reasonably said they would go on to win the SB. The Packers were 8-6 at one point, having lost to the likes of the Detroit Lions in week 13 by a score of 7-3. No way they could win the SB, given the state of the team at that point, huh?

Yes, chances are we won't win the SB this year. Wow, what profound insight. You and the rest of the realists are doing one thing and one thing only, stating the incredibly obvious and then telling everyone else how real you are. Really, it's no different than looking out the window, see that it's pouring rain and then telling everyone around you that there is a really good chance they're going to get wet when they walk outside. Just incredibly insightful stuff. Guess what? Everyone here already knows the odds are against the Cowboys this year. Your "dose of reality" hasn't provided any additional insight at all. That's the reality.
  18. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    IMO, that's called quitting. Not keeping it real. Stranger things have happened in the NFL. Just my opinion though. I know there are others who agree as well. I understand things people say won't always be full of sunshine and daisies but there's something to be said about those who rarely ever say anything positive.
  19. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Yesterday I watched a video on the Pittsburgh post gazette.

It was with writer ed bouchette. I think he is the guy that hates the cowboys and never votes any into the hall, I may be wrong on that tidbit...

anyway he was breaking down tomlins press conference and he said...

"then tomlin said a bunch of things about the Dallas Cowboys and nobody Cares"

I laughed.
  20. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,933 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    :lmao2: ruthlessraper has lost it, delusional.